Looking for fellow Investors in my area

Looking for fellow Investors in my area

Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 4 votes

Good morning! My name's Dagan Mulllins & I live just north of downtown Phoenix. I'm hoping to meet & talk to some other local investors here who have experience in flipping, using the brrrr method, in long term rentals, just real estate investing in general. I have been house hacking a duplex I bought about two and a half years ago & now, I'm finally hoping to buy my first rehab property soon & would greatly appreciate guidance from someone who has experience locally!

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Andrew PostellPro Member
Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
2y

@Dagan Mullins and @Courtney Watt if you want to network with other real estate investors then try some local real estate meetup groups. Meetup.com is a good resource for those but some of the groups will also post here on Bigger Pockets Marketplace too. Even facebook might have some good local groups for you. But post locally for this. That’s the best bet.

See this reply in the discussion

16 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mesa, AZ · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Hi Mr. Mullins

    I live in Mesa; I'm also looking to connect with another investor in the local area. I know its New Year today, which my greeting to you a Happy New Year. Maybe we can set up a time to meet so we can see if can work together if possible. Let me know what you think about this meet.

    Thank You.

    For your time

    Courtney Watt

  • Andrew PostellPro Member
    Lender · Fort Worth, TX · Member since 2016 · 8k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y

    @Dagan Mullins and @Courtney Watt if you want to network with other real estate investors then try some local real estate meetup groups. Meetup.com is a good resource for those but some of the groups will also post here on Bigger Pockets Marketplace too. Even facebook might have some good local groups for you. But post locally for this. That’s the best bet.

  • Mesa, AZ · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    2y

    Thanks Mr. Postell, 

    I'm already a member, just updated my profile as we speak. Let me know of further contact.

    Thanks

    Courtney Watt

  • Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    2y

    AZREIA is a great group to join for this purpose! I also do a meetup every Thursday but we are currently doing it virtually and we actually contact agents that have properties for sale so it's an 'active lead gen' type of meet up. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Ingryd Hernandez:

    AZREIA is a great group to join for this purpose! I also do a meetup every Thursday but we are currently doing it virtually and we actually contact agents that have properties for sale so it's an 'active lead gen' type of meet up. 

    What is your solution for when the Due on Sale is called?

    First, I am close to the biggest subto investor buyers in the nation and out of 100's of mortgages, there are only a handful of mortgages that have gotten called due - mostly due to being super small local banks, so I try to avoid those. Getting the due on sale is definitely more of a boogeyman scenario than anything. Secondly, in the states I invest in, my plan would be to will move them to executory contracts or lease options to negate the due on sale if I have to but I'd rather control the deed. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Ingryd Hernandez:
    Quote from @Account Closed:
    Quote from @Ingryd Hernandez:

    AZREIA is a great group to join for this purpose! I also do a meetup every Thursday but we are currently doing it virtually and we actually contact agents that have properties for sale so it's an 'active lead gen' type of meet up. 

    What is your solution for when the Due on Sale is called?

    First, I am close to the biggest subto investor buyers in the nation and out of 100's of mortgages, there are only a handful of mortgages that have gotten called due - mostly due to being super small local banks, so I try to avoid those. Getting the due on sale is definitely more of a boogeyman scenario than anything. Secondly, in the states I invest in, my plan would be to will move them to executory contracts or lease options to negate the due on sale if I have to but I'd rather control the deed. 

     

    I am unclear on your question. Pace is telling you how to fix the problem using executory contract. The other way he has fixed it was by literally calling the bank and telling them he's the one paying for it and the bank was fine with that. There are a couple of other students  who got the due on sale clause called on them according to their private FB post but I don't know them. They said they fixed it using an agreement for sale/executory contract. The latest student I am aware of actually is just paying off the loan because he can and it's cheaper for him in the long run. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2020 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    2y

    Ok. I know that where I do business (mostly Arizona) we add additional clauses to our agreement for sale to help mitigate the seller being nefarious and providing enough public record to keep things on the up and up with title companies. But you are right, it comes with risks and all those risks are disclosed and I take those risks as an investor where I think it makes sense. It's also why I avoid buying on executory contracts unless the context of the deal merits it; for example - I don't buy on an executory contract if it's a preforeclosure situation where the seller has a lot of history of liens and judgements. I own one on an agreement for sale/executory contract, but that was to help a veteran family that was active military where the deal made sense and everyone had good credit worthiness. 

    I am also not a coach if that's what you are implying. I joined SubTo mentorship with Pace Morby and have been very satisfied at how quickly I have been taught to buy, wholesale and flip homes using cash and creative methods. I leave the legal work to my lawyer, who is also a real estate investor. 

    I appreciate you adding what you actually were trying to get at although you were using me as your target.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Dagan Mullins:

    Good morning! My name's Dagan Mulllins & I live just north of downtown Phoenix. I'm hoping to meet & talk to some other local investors here who have experience in flipping, using the brrrr method, in long term rentals, just real estate investing in general. I have been house hacking a duplex I bought about two and a half years ago & now, I'm finally hoping to buy my first rehab property soon & would greatly appreciate guidance from someone who has experience locally!

    Hi Dagan,
    I’m in Mesa and currently have a 3/2 just on the Mesa side of the 60 and a 2/1 with a casita near downtown Mesa, both of which I lived in and then rented out. I’m also looking for more opportunities in the East Valley for a medium rehab and long-term hold. I primarily look for duplexes and houses with a casita because I plan on living in one and rehabbing the other mostly myself but hiring out things that make sense or need permitting. I’d love to connect and discuss the area
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2016 · 254 posts · 100 votes
    2y

    @Dagan Mullins and @Courtney Watt

    I also host a monthly meetup. Our next happy hour event is Jan 24th. I will post the BP event link here: 
    FREEdM - Financial + Real Estate Education Meetup (biggerpockets.com)

    If you are interested in learning about the creative finance side, then linking up with @Ingryd Hernandez is the best place to start. Check out her virtual meetups!

    Feel free to DM or connect with me and let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 4 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dillon Oergel:
    Quote from @Dagan Mullins:

    Good morning! My name's Dagan Mulllins & I live just north of downtown Phoenix. I'm hoping to meet & talk to some other local investors here who have experience in flipping, using the brrrr method, in long term rentals, just real estate investing in general. I have been house hacking a duplex I bought about two and a half years ago & now, I'm finally hoping to buy my first rehab property soon & would greatly appreciate guidance from someone who has experience locally!

    Hi Dagan,
    I’m in Mesa and currently have a 3/2 just on the Mesa side of the 60 and a 2/1 with a casita near downtown Mesa, both of which I lived in and then rented out. I’m also looking for more opportunities in the East Valley for a medium rehab and long-term hold. I primarily look for duplexes and houses with a casita because I plan on living in one and rehabbing the other mostly myself but hiring out things that make sense or need permitting. I’d love to connect and discuss the area

     Hey Dilon! Yeah man, I'd love to talk you more about what works best for you & what doesn't. I send you a DM. I hope to hear from you soon!

  • New to Real Estate · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 12 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Dagan Mullins:

    Good morning! My name's Dagan Mulllins & I live just north of downtown Phoenix. I'm hoping to meet & talk to some other local investors here who have experience in flipping, using the brrrr method, in long term rentals, just real estate investing in general. I have been house hacking a duplex I bought about two and a half years ago & now, I'm finally hoping to buy my first rehab property soon & would greatly appreciate guidance from someone who has experience locally!

    Hello @Dagan Mullins & @Courtney Watt, it's nice to meet you both. My name is Cameron Gomez, and I'm a real estate investor based in Gilbert, Arizona. I'm interested in expanding my network and meeting other investors who share my interests. If you're interested, please send me a direct message, and we can stay in touch about joining some larger REI groups together. I've heard great things about AZREIA and would love to check it out!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.