Investor Fuse 2.0 is the Real Deal!

Investor Fuse 2.0 is the Real Deal!

Roanoke, VA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 44 votes

There is some negative buzz in the REI world about Investor Fuse. So long story short I wanted to make sure the record is set straight on Investor Fuse 2.0. So let me start with a brief summary.

Investor Fuse started out as, what I’ll call, a Podio management company. They did all the trickery to make Podio an automated CRM machine and their setup was so good several other companies have emerged to compete with them in this space. As the user, all you had to do was pay the monthly subscription and work your leads. All the hoodoo of keeping the Podio gears turning were covered in their subscription fee and it was worth it!

And then everyone, including Investor Fuse, started to realize that the complexities of Podio were a limiting factor for many deals getting across the finish line. There were always holes for leads to fall through no matter how it was setup because Podio is not designed to be a CRM in the first place. Enter Investor Fuse 2.0. Also enter the root of the negative buzz.

Back in the spring of 2018 they quietly announced the launch of 2.0 to their existing clients - of which I was one. And let me just say, it was not ready to launch. Not ready at all. Not even in limited fashion to their clients. Not ready. Did I mention it wasn’t ready?

After trying it for months as they worked out the bugs. I left Investor Fuse. I had no more time to devote to waiting.

I went to another Podio provider. And became equally frustrated with the complexities of their setup. So the search was on for a longterm solution to my CRM dilemma.

Then I get an email from Dan Schwartz over at Investor Fuse informing me the launch for 2.0 is on! And he promises this time it is fully functional.

A week later I'm on their webcast launch and Dan wasn’t kidding. This time it was ready. So ready they’re blazing a trail with calling it what all of the REI space is craving, a Lead Conversion System (LCS). Their focus is not managing clients like a CRM, their focus is on moving leads through your pipeline to close deals.

Unlike Podio the leads CANNOT get lost. Every time you are in the system working a lead the LCS requires you to select a next step before you go to the next lead. And what if you close your browser on your phone to take that all important incoming call before selecting the next step? Your unfinished business on that lead is going to pop up on your Actions list.

Concern of a lead being left behind is a thing of the past because you can’t leave it behind. Investor Fuse 2.0 won’t let you. I don’t know any person active in the REI space that can’t use a system like this in their business.

It’s worth noting, I am not an affiliate in anyway. This is an unsolicited post to help out my new LCS provider. Glad to be back in the Investor Fuse family.

1Reply
34 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 99 votes
7y

I love Podio...I couple the Craigslist scrapes that I do for each major city and pull the relevant fixer uppers, contact the sellers and make offers.  Podio allows me to integrate the workflows and task management functions right along with it.  As long as you keep the fluff out of your rig, then you can scale it to grow with your company.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 99 votes
    7y

    I love Podio...I couple the Craigslist scrapes that I do for each major city and pull the relevant fixer uppers, contact the sellers and make offers.  Podio allows me to integrate the workflows and task management functions right along with it.  As long as you keep the fluff out of your rig, then you can scale it to grow with your company.

  • Roanoke, VA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 44 votes
    7y

    So I need to borrow a term from Larry David and curb my enthusiasm. After spending a few weeks in IF 2.0 I will say that there is a great deal left to be desired. That overall above review remains true from the perspective that you cannot leave a lead behind because the system will not let you. But the glitches are many right now and the workflow is very limited in how you can interact with the leads. The biggest issue right now is that once a contract is written the whole thing just stops. There is no where to import the associated pdf docs, no ability to create tasks for continuing follow up to closing, no way to edit detail of the transaction numbers if something changes from the offer, and no way to attach buyer information.

    I'll maintain, better than dealing with the endless complexities of Podio, but there are other CRM's out there that are already up and running with a proven track record for the REI world. I will be exploring those other providers before the week is out.

  • Roanoke, VA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 44 votes
    7y

    So wish I could take this thread down. Finding more holes in the IF 2.0 platform everyday now that we are really starting to pound it. Highly recommend you go elsewhere for CRM.

  • Roanoke, VA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 44 votes
    7y

    Looking hard at other options now. Investor Fuse 2.0 was once again not ready for launch. As of this post we have requested a refund to move in a different CRM direction. Looking very hard at FlipPilot or REISimple. Possibly Pipedrive as well although there are some out of the box detractors to the latter.

  • Rental Property Investor · FL · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Doug Price

    Thanks for your honest review. I was literally listening to the web pitch for this earlier today. Seemed too good to be true

  • Roanoke, VA · Member since 2016 · 29 posts · 44 votes
    7y

    @Dawn A. IF 2.0 is bad. We’re in the process of switching over to FollowUpBoss.com. We have tried literally everything on the market at this point. FUB is a till not perfect for a wholesaler but we are finding work arounds that meet our needs. 

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    Doug,

    It is January 2020.  What are you using now?

    Ed

  • Investor · Cocoa Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 132 posts · 59 votes
    5y

    Resurrecting an old thread… anyone using Investor Fuse with good results? Better systems out there? Podio with apps?

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2015 · 301 posts · 99 votes
    5y

    @Luke Grogan been using Podio with app integration for over 7 years now. The key for me is to have a solid operation sourced with people that know what they are doing. Then you can scale in any direction as needed. Podio has allowed me to do that.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.