New Connected Investors PIN? Opinions? Game Changer?

New Connected Investors PIN? Opinions? Game Changer?

Contractor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 11 votes
I’m wondering if anyone has purchased and looked into the New Pre MLS that connected investors just realeased. It seems too good to be true and is pretty pricey for someone starting off but I could see how it could be well worth it. Opinions???
0Reply
280 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2013 · 272 posts · 165 votes
7y

@Ross Hamilton

Any "revolutionary new real-estate investment service" that expects to bilk me out of thou$ands of dollars, up front, without offering a limited free-trial sends goose-alarms down my back and will get my spidey-sense tingling faster than a hound-dog licks its rear.  

Sorry.   Pass. 

(Would a 10 or 15 day free trial kill ya? If you're so confident in your product.... )

See this reply in the discussion

77 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Hi Jason-

    I might pull the trigger on the subscription this week to see if there is any value to this platform.

    The public record data seems to be available from other sources I am already using, like Rebogateway.

    I'll update you if I find any value with the platform.

    Stay tuned!

    Best,

    Matt

  • David RobertsonBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2010 · 755 posts · 778 votes
    7y

    What's the difference between the PIN and Pinpoint profits software Connected Investors was selling?   Why do these companies feel like they need to charge so much, especially upfront?

    I would recommend you checkout this thread on Pinpoint Profits & Connected Investors for your reference:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/414833-connected-investors-largest-rei-scam-on-the-internet?page=2

    FlipperForce
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    7y

    Nothing I’ve ever seen from Connected Investors was of any real value......just a bunch of rebranded hype for the delusional wannabe.

  • Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2012 · 73 posts · 57 votes
    7y

    When a presentation STARTS OUT with exaggeration, my guard goes up.  Right out of the gate, the presenter said he previewed FIFTEEN THOUSAND something-or-others.  A thousand of anything would take weeks if not months, so 15,000 would take years.  Sorry...too much hype...too many unbelievable claims...too little proof.

    I will say this:  that's one of the best WebinarJam presentations I've ever seen.  The graphics are awesome.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Jamison, PA · Member since 2017 · 11 posts · 9 votes
    7y
    PiN is just the new name they are calling their Pinpoint Profits software. It looks intriguing but based on what others have said regarding Connected Investors it makes me a little skeptical.  I'd need to see some verified success from actual users before I would consider getting involved.

    I would check out this thread David Robertson mentioned...


    Originally posted by @David Robertson:

    What's the difference between the PIN and Pinpoint profits software Connected Investors was selling?   Why do these companies feel like they need to charge so much, especially upfront?

    I would recommend you checkout this thread on Pinpoint Profits & Connected Investors for your reference:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/79/topics/414...

  • Contractor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 11 votes
    7y
    @Matthew Miller Thanks!
  • Contractor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 36 posts · 11 votes
    7y
    @David Robertson very helpful. Thank you
  • Jack MundiePro Member
    Edgewater, MD · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    7y

    Thank you - very helpful and agree with Catherine on the WebinarJam.

  • Real Estate Agent · Safford, AZ · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    @Ross Hamilton I’m actually currently waiting on a reply from your support team after 3 days of reaching out. I was promised a refund

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2013 · 272 posts · 165 votes
    7y

    @Ross Hamilton

    Any "revolutionary new real-estate investment service" that expects to bilk me out of thou$ands of dollars, up front, without offering a limited free-trial sends goose-alarms down my back and will get my spidey-sense tingling faster than a hound-dog licks its rear.  

    Sorry.   Pass. 

    (Would a 10 or 15 day free trial kill ya? If you're so confident in your product.... )

  • Real Estate Agent · Safford, AZ · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    @Brooklyn R. I was able to extend my 3 day refund period, but did decide to go ahead and cancel. Received a phone call wanting me to stick around and was eventually promised a refund. This was Friday night. It is now Wednesday of the following week, and they have disabled PiN, but I have no refund, and what's worse, no response after emailing support for 3 days in a row. Sad thing is, I already am subscribed to deal dog, and the really flip, and dealinsite, which the website was easy to set up and I like it, but getting no response after dropping coin like that, it's a shame. It turns out my title company offers an app that works nationwide, and I can farm neighborhoods, and for 3.99 it will pull up properties with the equity and time criteria making them most likely to sell soon. I'm a Realtor, so I also have access to the MLS, and have a son in another market I look at with MLS access, and a pretty good realtor in the market we have flipped in. @Ross Hamilton, can you please check into why there is no response from your team. Sorry @Brooklyn R.don't mean to hijack your thread, but if this is the feedback, you probably want to know so you don't end up like me. I thought it would be a time saver, but it's not in my opinion, and extremely expensive.

  • Real Estate Agent · Safford, AZ · Member since 2016 · 53 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    I just received an email from support stating that my refund had been processed so I should see it soon. Would be curious as time goes by how everyone else feels about PiN, and if they find it to be worth the money spent. 

  • Spokane Valley, WA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    At this point, I have used one list that provided a lot of bad info (pre-foreclosure) and cost about $300 for the mailing. 

    I'm a bit gun shy to send out another mailing based on PIN data. The support has been subpar, and while the sales pitch was great, the actual performance has been lacking. 

    For $1500 for the first 6 months, then $79 monthly, I am unsure if I got ripped off or not at this point. I may send out 5000 postcards and see what happens. That's an $1800 gamble with this software.

  • Rental Property Investor · Arvada, CO · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    I signed up for PiN Jan. 31st and have until tomorrow to cancel and get my refund.  I am running data exports and testing the data today.  So far, I definitely see some bad data, but that is expected with any data mining tool such as this.  As I get more measurable results about the accuracy of the data, I'll post on here.  If I can't get a comfort level on if the data is accurate, I will cancel tomorrow.  I'm running searches for the Denver, CO metro area and Orland, FL area.  If you are aware of any properties that meet any of the following criteria in either of those areas, let me know ASAP and I'll cross-reference to see if the data is accurate.  The properties that pull up in the export include the following:  Vacant, Probate, Bank Owned, Not in Foreclosure (but Vacant or maybe Probate?), or "Certificate Of Purchase/certificate Of Foreclosure Recorded".  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Petersburg, VA (23805) · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Stephanie Southerland Thank you for your feedback. I'm curious about the app you have access through your title agency. Are you able to get access because you're a Realtor? Also, how has deal dog, really flip, and dealinsite worked for you?

  • Rental Property Investor · Arvada, CO · Member since 2017 · 17 posts · 14 votes
    7y

    I found too many errors in the PiN system for me to feel comfortable trusting the data.  I wish I had an easy way to validate the Probate data since they seems to potentially save the most time for those leads.  I requested a refund within the required 3 day period, but have yet to hear when I will get my refund.  The original sales person I talked to has only sent me emails requesting time to correct the errors I found.  I declined.

    The following are highlights of some of the data errors I found:

    - REO (Bank Owned) data seemed wrong to me based on my searches in a county system where I am familiar with their foreclosure documents.

    - I couldn't confirm any of the phone #'s provided.  The only one that responded to my text said they had not heard of the property owner and that they had the same phone # for 15 years.   

    - Some of the data in the exported data is clearly wrong, such as numeric values for some of the counties instead of names of the counties.  

    - A field titled "Vacant" with Yes or No values sometimes conflicted with another data field titled "Occupied".  For example, how can it be Vacant Yes, but Occupied Yes?  There were many of these that conflicted.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2013 · 272 posts · 165 votes
    7y

    @Sheri Lowrance

    Thanks Sheri. This detailed, thorough write-up is an extremely useful, if unsurprising, review. Oh lord, why is it that the "fanciest," most "expensive" products - especially the ones that expect you to fork out thousand$ up-front  -  are the most useless? 

  • Real Estate Investor · Dayton, OH · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Just watched the newest ad. Now it’s $1997 upfront and $299 a month. Wow!

    Anyone here had any good use of it?

  • Real Estate Agent · Naples, FL · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    So I took the leap, thinking the software would save me a lot of time.

    Using the Pin software, I located and visited a couple of homes in Marco Island, FL.

    There were two homes on the same street, both listed as “bank owned” and “vacant”.

    As I’m standing at the front door of property #1, the door opens & I am greeted by a very forgiving woman. I explained myself & blah blah blah... point is, huge embarrassment. Property #1 is in a family trust (obviously not vacant).

    Property #2, the woman (at property #1) said “I just saw them last week”.

    That’s two strikes.

    “Deal dog” daily email sends me the same crap from Craigslist (other wholesalers listing properties) and auction.com (exclusively foreclosure auctions).

    My three day cancellation window has passed, but one more strike (testing again tomorrow), and I will fight tooth & nail for a refund.

    Not happy thus far...  perhaps moreso disappointed because the business model truly is brilliant. Really wanted it to work. 

    I will update after third try.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Kelly Hotzler have you had any luck with the platform. I’m interested and am on the fence with it. I do like the fact there is everything under one roof. Waiting on positive responses. Thank me in advance for anyone to help guide me in the right direction. 

  • Real Estate Agent · Naples, FL · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    Scott & fellow investors: don’t do it.  Save your money.  Customer service is unwilling to refund anything on, essentially, a defective product. 

    None of the leads they have provided are correct.  

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks for the information. Can you point me in the right direction for education etc that works ?

  • Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 3 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Kelly Hotzler:

    Scott & fellow investors: don’t do it.  Save your money.  Customer service is unwilling to refund anything on, essentially, a defective product. 

    None of the leads they have provided are correct.  

    So $1997 upfront and $299 a month after with a 3-Day refund money-back guarantee?  and from your opinion (and several other users opinions) the software doesn't meet the hype marketed in their fancy marketing video?

    A 3 Day Money Back guarantee is not nearly long enough to evaluate the software and they know it!  Seems like a money grab to me! 

    I would definitely be protesting the charge on my credit card!

    This is like the Fyre Festival of real estate software!  Over hyped, over marketed and under delivered!  

  • Westchester County, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 28 votes
    7y
    EXACTLY my belief. I have to make money before I have any to buy into a program.
    A free trial. Where I can buy and sell unhindered with all the stuff they mention like lenders and legal support and all the rest, would certainly get me started and I'd never leave if it worked.
    I double-dog dare you @Ross Hamilton

    Originally posted by @Michael G.:

    @Ross Hamilton

    Any "revolutionary new real-estate investment service" that expects to bilk me out of thou$ands of dollars, up front, without offering a limited free-trial sends goose-alarms down my back and will get my spidey-sense tingling faster than a hound-dog licks its rear.  

    Sorry.   Pass. 

    (Would a 10 or 15 day free trial kill ya? If you're so confident in your product.... )

  • Westchester County, NY · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    Is there a legitimate all/most in-1 platform  for wholesaling? 

    I don't know which I am more of, angry or disappointed, because I was truly hoping the pin method was my answer. I really have to become scam proof in my thinking. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.