Where do you collect your rental income?

Most Popular Reply

Jake AndronicoBusiness Member
Realtor · Reno, NV · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 938 votes
2y

@Brian Leseberg

You'll get a lot of different answers from different people. My best advice is to experiment and be willing to change. 

I've tried 5 different rent collection platforms and Turbotenant is by far my favorite. I have no affiliation and am not sponsored. 

I've just gotten multiple unsolicited compliments from multiple tenants and it's extremely user friendly. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 11 votes
    2y

    Hi Brian,

    We use RentRedi to collect rent. Very straight forward to use and cost effective. In addition to RentRedi, there are many other similar online servicers you can choose from. I would stay away form Zelle, PayPal and similar payment services.

    Good luck,

    Noah

  • Real Estate Agent · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2024 · 86 posts · 51 votes
    2y

    Our team uses Appfolio as our primary rent collection method; which is also great since overall Appfolio is a great property management software with TONS of other tools and faucets that keep everything running smoothly. 

  • Drew SygitBusiness Member
    Property Manager · Royal Oak, MI · Member since 2012 · 12k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    2y

    @Brian Leseberg what's wrong with using your bank account for deposits?

    Are they sending rent via ACH?

    You can also use Venmo or Zelle.

  • Tracy StreichPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Tulsa- OKC Oklahoma · Member since 2017 · 868 posts · 801 votes
    2y

    @Brian Leseberg  If your portfolio is growing you need to be using a software that will allow online payments.   Technology has allowed you to move beyond giving a bank account and trying to figure out who actually made the deposit.   Search the forums.   There are plenty available.   

  • Rental Property Investor · Youngstown, OH · Member since 2023 · 128 posts · 124 votes
    2y
    I use a combination of CashApp and a website/app called "Rent App" which allows 100% free rental payments, and also helps tenants build credit. I know there are plenty of paid rent collection services out there, but I have no interest in paying fees (whether myself or my tenants) to collect rent. Rent App is fairly new but I've enjoyed it so far, and my tenants who use it appreciate being able to help build credit.
  • Jake AndronicoBusiness Member
    Realtor · Reno, NV · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 938 votes
    2y

    @Brian Leseberg

    You'll get a lot of different answers from different people. My best advice is to experiment and be willing to change. 

    I've tried 5 different rent collection platforms and Turbotenant is by far my favorite. I have no affiliation and am not sponsored. 

    I've just gotten multiple unsolicited compliments from multiple tenants and it's extremely user friendly. 

  • Real Estate Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2016 · 71 posts · 67 votes
    2y

    @Noah Loveless just curious why not to use zelle?

  • Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    I use JP Morgan new platform by the name of Chase Story. It is so no cost for me due to Chase holding my mortgage, but it is absolutely zero cost to tenants...

    https://www.jpmorgan.com/commercial-real-estate/rent-payment...

  • Realtor · Anchorage, AK · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 11 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Tj M.:

    @Noah Loveless just curious why not to use zelle? 


    @Tj M.

    No other reason than if your scaling your portfolio and looking to find a better way than giving your bank account info out to tenants, Zelle is pretty much the same thing. If you are looking to scale, find yourself an online platform that you can grow into that has payment options, maintenance request, tenant screening, etc... Most of these online platforms can be set up to send automatic late fee notices and payment, archive tenant contact info and accounting. Zelle has its uses, I just don't think its a good option for running a rental business. 

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 234 posts · 144 votes
    2y

    I use Innago to collect rent!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.