Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Real Estate Technology
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Iliya Muzychuk
Votes |
Stable Diffusion & ControlNet for Reimagining Real Estate

Iliya Muzychuk
Posted

Been doing some more research and tryouts for image generation in real estate. I thought of sharing it here for others to try as well. 

So in short, the past six months have been quite an adventure, left my day job, started a business, and moving to AR to start my own path as an architect-developer. In the interim, I have been exploring the use of AI for my day-to-day practices and thought would be nice to share with the community. My previous post was about GPTs, now would love to chat about Stable Diffusion Models and Image generation for interior/exterior inspiration. 

I use mainly three different AI vendors, which are Midjourney, Dall-e & Stable Diffusion. While the first two are great for inspiration, the last one offers much more image control based on what is called ControlNets, which allows control of the composition and weights of an image. It can read an image and apply a new image within context. For example, let's stage an empty room, remodel a facade, do a new bathroom idea etc. 

There are three main workflows I find promising so far, sketch to image, model to image and image to image which I will describe below: 

Sketch to Image -
By using a local installation of Stable Diffusion, you can create image generation workflows and adapt them for your uses. For example an architecture style, graphic style, exterior vs interior and so forth. It requires technical knowledge yet is super adaptive and open source and once controlled, you can easily scan sketches of ideas and convert them to realistic renderings. 

Model to Image - 
Some apps such as Veras connect to your Sketchup/Rhino/Revit software and can directly render simple masses into final results. Easy to install but requires you to have prior design software knowledge. 

Image to Image - There are many AI apps out there online that can modify images. Won't market a specific one (Feel free to reach out privately), but those are easy to use, nontechnical, and provide okay + results. I find it quite useful with clients, or just trying to envision ideas on potential properties.

All of them are based on ControlNets and StableDiffusion, so if you have a bit of tech savviness I would recommend testing it out locally and start exploring it for your uses. For direct SD installation, you can use Automatic1111 here:https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui or use web native apps like Rendair to test it out on the web without much of a commitment. 

I've attached a sample of work from an existing image from Zillow, and an AI rendering as an example. Feel free to connect for questions and would love to learn how others are using AI in their day-to-day business operations. 

Have a great day! 

Loading replies...