blocked from Facebook Market place - I only list rentals?

blocked from Facebook Market place - I only list rentals?

Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes

Hello

recently I noticed that I was banned from Facebook market place and I have no idea why. The only thing I list are my rentals. Has anyone else ran into this problem? I would be interested in knowing how to resolve it.

1Reply
205 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes
2y

The same issue, anytime I post a marketplace ad for one of my rentals Facebook restricts my marketplace access. I have to create a new Facebook account just to access the marketplace now. Avoid posting on Facebook Marketplace on your main account, just create another account to post rental ads, cause most likely it will be restricted after a few weeks lol.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Byron VallesPro Member
    MSFP, CFP, Financial Advisor · San Francisco Bay Area · Member since 2020 · 66 posts · 53 votes
    3y

    wow.. sorry to hear this, Antonio. I've had a lot of success with FB marketplace with my rentals. Have you checked to make sure no one else has tried to access your account? 

    my FB Ad account was blocked once. When I investigated, someone else had gained access to it and created an ad campaign. FB found the campaign suspicious and deactivated my ad account but for some reason did not notify me of it. I only found out when I tried to run a new ad campaign. 

    Best of luck.  

  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    thanks for the feedback Byron. I had awesome luck with FB market place. I have no idea why I was banned.

  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Antonio Hernandez:

    thanks for the feedback Byron. I had awesome luck with FB market place. I have no idea why I was banned.

    Did you ask Facebook? That's the only way to find the reason and to un-block is to contact them. There might be a lot of reasons, incl. "unreasonable", "ocasional", "seemed to be in breach of rules" etc, but the matter is the your certain case only. Nobody except FB can answer. All others can just guess. Better send them gentle oficial request to unblock. 
  • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    3y

    yeah already tried. no luck. You just got an automated message that you account will be reviewed.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 56 votes
    3y


    Antonio, 

    Is your account still banned?

    I've encountered the same issue with being "banned" from Face Book Market Place this morning.

    I posted a house for rent on Friday and received 30+ inquiries over the weekend.  I responded to all of them.  Not all of them were good quality leads but we only need one qualified tenant.

    This morning I got ready to reply to the 5 leads we had overnight and the message failed to send, only to find that we have been "banned" from FB Marketplace with no reason given.

    • Member since 2022 · 9 posts · 3 votes
      1y
      Quote from @Michael S.:


      Antonio, 

      Is your account still banned?

      I've encountered the same issue with being "banned" from Face Book Market Place this morning.

      I posted a house for rent on Friday and received 30+ inquiries over the weekend.  I responded to all of them.  Not all of them were good quality leads but we only need one qualified tenant.

      This morning I got ready to reply to the 5 leads we had overnight and the message failed to send, only to find that we have been "banned" from FB Marketplace with no reason given.


       Yes, my account is still banned. Have you had any luck with getting it reinstated? 

  • Investor · Member since 2022 · 235 posts · 127 votes
    3y

    Same issue over here too :(. For probably 12 months I've tried to get it back to no avail. 

  • Brenton CarrollPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    I just got blocked I list all my rentals on there so I opened a new page and listed a rental and got Blocked the same day. 

  • New to Real Estate · Member since 2021 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    The same issue, anytime I post a marketplace ad for one of my rentals Facebook restricts my marketplace access. I have to create a new Facebook account just to access the marketplace now. Avoid posting on Facebook Marketplace on your main account, just create another account to post rental ads, cause most likely it will be restricted after a few weeks lol.

  • Rental Property Investor · Gilbert, AZ · Member since 2015 · 49 posts · 56 votes
    2y

    Quick update.

    After 9 months my FB Marketplace was unbanned.  No communication or reason given by FB, same as when it was banned.  To this day I have some guesses, but no explanation as to why.

    On some forums they have mentioned "boosting" your ad as soon as it posts.  And as a boosted Ads FB will give it more consideration and will not ban it. IDK

    Currently considering opening a FB business account and posting my rentals as a sponsored listing with an FB allowed link to my property manager's application webpage.  Why isn't my property manger doing this? (Sigh) another topic for another day.

    Good luck!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.