Places to market owner finance properties.

Places to market owner finance properties.

Joe S.Pro Member
Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes

So I’m needing some input. From time to time we sell property with owner finance. 

 In the past we used craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Are there other places we can list the properties for sale? Also, whereas we are in the San Antonio Texas area, we have a property closer to Corpus Christi that we are getting ready to sell with owner financing. How would we go about getting the property listed in the Corpus Christi marketplace Whereas Facebook already has us located for San Antonio?
 

0Reply
76 views

Most Popular Reply

Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
3y
Quote from @Joe S.:

So I’m needing some input. From time to time we sell property with owner finance. 

 In the past we used craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Are there other places we can list the properties for sale? Also, whereas we are in the San Antonio Texas area, we have a property closer to Corpus Christi that we are getting ready to sell with owner financing. How would we go about getting the property listed in the Corpus Christi marketplace Whereas Facebook already has us located for San Antonio?
 


…or post it here 🤣

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y

    I thought Facebook will allow you to adjust the marketing location by zip code of the item being sold.

    I recently moved to San Antonio from Alabama and adjusted my zip code info to reflect this area when trying to sell my truck.

    Plus, if you run a Facebook group search for “Corpus Christi investors,” you’ll find other groups you can post your property in.

    I’m definitely interested if you have an owner finance deal out here…I’m looking for a small project in the next 1-2 months to get started with a group of veterans. I’ll contact you.

  • Rental Property Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2019 · 306 posts · 176 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    So I’m needing some input. From time to time we sell property with owner finance. 

     In the past we used craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Are there other places we can list the properties for sale? Also, whereas we are in the San Antonio Texas area, we have a property closer to Corpus Christi that we are getting ready to sell with owner financing. How would we go about getting the property listed in the Corpus Christi marketplace Whereas Facebook already has us located for San Antonio?
     


     Joe, send me that property. I may he interested. 

  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    So I’m needing some input. From time to time we sell property with owner finance. 

     In the past we used craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Are there other places we can list the properties for sale? Also, whereas we are in the San Antonio Texas area, we have a property closer to Corpus Christi that we are getting ready to sell with owner financing. How would we go about getting the property listed in the Corpus Christi marketplace Whereas Facebook already has us located for San Antonio?
     


    …or post it here 🤣

  • Realtor · Corpus Christi · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    @Joe S.


    I’m a RE agent and do seller finance deals. Actually have a commercial one right now. 
    I can help if you need it listed. Feel free to reach out. 

  • Realtor · Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, TX · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 925 votes
    3y

    @Joe S. Paid advertising on BiggerPockets

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y

    I leverage realtors and contractors. 

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    I leverage realtors and contractors. 


     Whereas you’re only getting a fraction of the overall price at close what kind of fee structure do you compensate the realtor?

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2021 · 9k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    I leverage realtors and contractors. 


     Whereas you’re only getting a fraction of the overall price at close what kind of fee structure do you compensate the realtor?


     1.5% to the realtor if it's off market. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
    3y

    Look on CL for the agents looking for OF buyers. There will be a handful of agents that cater to OF buyers. That is all I have needed for awhile. I send the deal directly to them. Almost 100% of the time they have buyers lined up.

    or FB or Nextdoor or here or local REI groups

  • Investor · Corpus Christi, TX · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    3y

    Use a discount broker to list the property so you have the largest buyer pool available and the most eyes on your property. Many discount brokers offer an a la carte type service which is quite affordable compared to traditional brokerages. And you'll get the benefit of having the property populate throughout the internet within 24 hours. I list every one of my properties including tear downs, non-rehabbed, etc. You can offer the buyer agent 1% to 2% which is absorbed by the buyer in your price.  

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    I leverage realtors and contractors. 


     Whereas you’re only getting a fraction of the overall price at close what kind of fee structure do you compensate the realtor?


     1.5% to the realtor if it's off market. 


    What do you pay if it’s on market? 

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y

    @Joe S. you could also list it on the MLS with seller financing as an option, it would get snapped up quick as many are looking but can't find those deals

  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Eliott Elias:

    I leverage realtors and contractors. 


     Whereas you’re only getting a fraction of the overall price at close what kind of fee structure do you compensate the realtor?

    You can set up a flat fee commission.

    If you’re interested in the future, please let me know. I would love to help you list your properties on the MLS for a flat fee rather than the “typical” 3% commission.
  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jordan Moorhead:

    @Joe S. you could also list it on the MLS with seller financing as an option, it would get snapped up quick as many are looking but can't find those deals

     Whereas the buyer would only be bringing in a fraction of the overall price what kind of commission would a Buyer’s agent be happy with?

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Guy Gimenez:

    Use a discount broker to list the property so you have the largest buyer pool available and the most eyes on your property. Many discount brokers offer an a la carte type service which is quite affordable compared to traditional brokerages. And you'll get the benefit of having the property populate throughout the internet within 24 hours. I list every one of my properties including tear downs, non-rehabbed, etc. You can offer the buyer agent 1% to 2% which is absorbed by the buyer in your price.  

    Have buyers agents acted offended at 1% to 2%?
  • Realtor · Corpus Christi · Member since 2019 · 39 posts · 10 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Guy Gimenez:

    Use a discount broker to list the property so you have the largest buyer pool available and the most eyes on your property. Many discount brokers offer an a la carte type service which is quite affordable compared to traditional brokerages. And you'll get the benefit of having the property populate throughout the internet within 24 hours. I list every one of my properties including tear downs, non-rehabbed, etc. You can offer the buyer agent 1% to 2% which is absorbed by the buyer in your price.  

    Have buyers agents acted offended at 1% to 2%?

     In corpus yea. They will skip over that listing. 

  • Jay ThomasPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 715 votes
    3y

    Using a discount broker to list your property is an excellent way to ensure that you have the widest pool of potential buyers and maximize exposure. Discount brokers often offer an a la carte service, which makes it much more affordable than traditional real estate brokerages. Plus, having your listing populate on the internet within 24 hours can be very beneficial in getting your property noticed. Even if you're selling a tear down or non-rehabbed home, I would still highly recommend listing with a discount broker - offering buyer agents 1% to 2% commission that is absorbed by the buyer's price should sweeten the deal even further!

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    So I’m needing some input. From time to time we sell property with owner finance. 

     In the past we used craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Are there other places we can list the properties for sale? 
     

    I've sold tons of seller-financed homes, plexes and commercial multis on CL and Zillow.

    I also sell to current or former tenants.

    Note in the ad that buyers agents or any buyer rep need to be comped by the buyer.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Vanessa Ursery:
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Guy Gimenez:

    Use a discount broker to list the property so you have the largest buyer pool available and the most eyes on your property. Many discount brokers offer an a la carte type service which is quite affordable compared to traditional brokerages. And you'll get the benefit of having the property populate throughout the internet within 24 hours. I list every one of my properties including tear downs, non-rehabbed, etc. You can offer the buyer agent 1% to 2% which is absorbed by the buyer in your price.  

    Have buyers agents acted offended at 1% to 2%?

     In corpus yea. They will skip over that listing. 


     What do agents expect?

  • Realtor · Albuquerque, NM · Member since 2017 · 121 posts · 68 votes
    3y

    You can use Zillow or get an agent to help you. I've helped my clients with seller financing. Using a Realtor will get your property a lot more traction as those of us who focus on investor clients, will have a lot of buyers lined up.

  • Hamp Lee IIIPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 832 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Vanessa Ursery:
    Quote from @Joe S.:
    Quote from @Guy Gimenez:

    Use a discount broker to list the property so you have the largest buyer pool available and the most eyes on your property. Many discount brokers offer an a la carte type service which is quite affordable compared to traditional brokerages. And you'll get the benefit of having the property populate throughout the internet within 24 hours. I list every one of my properties including tear downs, non-rehabbed, etc. You can offer the buyer agent 1% to 2% which is absorbed by the buyer in your price.  

    Have buyers agents acted offended at 1% to 2%?

     In corpus yea. They will skip over that listing. 


     What do agents expect?

    There are "typical" commission fees, but it's negotiable. 
  • Rental Property Investor · South Ozone park, NY · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 10 votes
    3y

    Hi Joe

    Please send me property. I might be interested

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Deodat Ramdat:

    Hi Joe

    Please send me property. I might be interested

    Feel free to DM me.
  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Clint G.:
    Quote from @Joe S.:

    So I’m needing some input. From time to time we sell property with owner finance. 

     In the past we used craigslist and Facebook marketplace. Are there other places we can list the properties for sale? Also, whereas we are in the San Antonio Texas area, we have a property closer to Corpus Christi that we are getting ready to sell with owner financing. How would we go about getting the property listed in the Corpus Christi marketplace Whereas Facebook already has us located for San Antonio?
     


     Joe, send me that property. I may he interested. 


     Feel free to DM me.

  • Joe S.Pro Member
    OP
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    3y
    Quote from @Lucia Rushton:

    @Joe S. Paid advertising on BiggerPockets

    So I paid to have my account premium about two years ago for the sole purpose of using marketplace,. I posted pictures of a property I was trying to sell and they kept loading black in Bigger Pockets marketplace. I sent a number of messages to support and no one ever help me. That was the last time I promoted a property on BP. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.