Skip to content
PRO
Pro Members Get Full Access!
Get off the sidelines and take action in real estate investing with BiggerPockets Pro. Our comprehensive suite of tools and resources minimize mistakes, support informed decisions, and propel you to success.
Advanced networking features
Market and Deal Finder tools
Property analysis calculators
Landlord Command Center
$0
TODAY
$39.00/month when billed monthly.
$32.50/month when billed annually.
7 day free trial. Cancel anytime
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 3 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
Latonna Hill
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • houston, TX
Votes |
J.T. Foxx

Latonna Hill
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • houston, TX
Posted

Hello Everyone :)

Has anyone attended J.T. Foxx's buying below value seminar. If so, what's your feedback?

User Stats

Votes
Karin Crompton
  • Rehabber
  • Niantic, CT
Votes |
  • Rehabber
  • Niantic, CT
Replied

Hi Latonna Hill,

This is of course just my own experience, but I would steer clear of Foxx. He spoke to our REIA about 3 years ago and I went to his follow-up one-day seminar afterward. He was long on bravado and short on expertise. He tried to pass himself off as a big-timer and constantly checked his phone throughout the day ... WHILE speaking. He insulted attendees. I found him rude and arrogant and wound up somewhat amused by his act by the end of the day.

I was a complete newbie and probably totally naive - this was the first speaker I had ever seen through our REIA - and I wound up signing up for a weekend conference that was supposedly being put on by a guest speaker who came in for an hour during that day (I didn't want anything to do w/Foxx, but I thought this other speaker had potential). The weekend seminar turned out to be coordinated by Foxx, NOT the other speaker. The event was scheduled for about 2 months later in Toronto and I live in CT; Foxx's company didn't announce the exact location, nor the schedule, until a few days prior to the event. I had been hounding the company for details for about a month so I could ask for the right days off of work and I subsequently asked for a refund, as I couldn't maneuver my way to a conference in Toronto on such short notice. They repeatedly, and rudely, refused. Thankfully, I was only out $500. Coulda been worse, and lesson learned on my end.

Perhaps coincidentally (I never did ask), Foxx has never spoken again to our REIA. And our REIA is enormous, well attended, and has all the national gurus speak.