Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Carlton Sheets and No Down Payment

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 11:00

Hello. Does anyone know anything about Carlton Sheets? I've seen the No Down Payment commercials for a long time and wanted to find out about him. Is his real estate course worth buying? What does it cover?

Thank you.

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Replied Oct 5 2006, 07:48

anyone?

User Stats

Votes
Mike Smith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Oct 5 2006, 20:02

Several years ago, I borrowed a Carlton Sheets course from a friend. I have no idea what it was called or if it is the same one you are referring to. I was very disappointed in it. I quit listening about 3/4 of the way through as it really boiled down to "you've got to find the right deal" and "buy low, sell high."

BiggerPockets logo
Network With Property Managers
|
BiggerPockets
Partnering with a property manager before you buy will boost your bottom line. Match and mingle with top property managers now!

User Stats

Votes
Ken Hicks
  • Boonies, PA
Votes |
  • Boonies, PA
Replied Oct 6 2006, 00:02

Honestly i'm not a big fan of the Carlton, and Ron legrand stuff. Yes they do a heck of a job promoting what you can get with realestate, It seems you have to spend BIG bucks to really really get what they are talking about. but like anything what you put in you will get out.

User Stats

Votes
Matt H
Votes |

Carlton Sheets has one of the absolute best courses on the market. However, a secret is that you can get a copy of Ebay for about 8 times less than buying retail from the company. So try ebay first. This definitely is a "must have" for anyone into realestate investing. And what's great about it is that if you're not a big reader like me, then instead of reading the manual you can just listen to the cassettes or CD's as you drive. I remember after listening to that course for the first time, that's how I got into realestate. In the process I've made about half a million, I own one 15 unit building and I'm working on another building right now. But what I tell everyone is that more than anything the knowledge that you can gain from this course is priceless. Like there's so many get rich quick schemes out there. Fortunately we all know realestate is not one of them. You can get rich quick mind you but it's completely legitimate of course once you know how. So definitely start your education and pick up as many good courses as you can find. This one is a must have.

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Webber
  • Wholesaler
  • Amarillo, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Amarillo, TX
Replied Oct 13 2006, 21:27

Resmith, "find the right deal" and "buy low, sell high" is some of the best advice I've ever heard. It's probably the #1 mistake that newbies make, so maybe the course isn't so bad after all. I've personally never read it. The only guru stuff I've ever interacted with is Russ Whitney's Wholesaling Course. An associate of mine offered me a free ticket, and I went. Jimmy Reed of Fort Worth was the teacher, and I thought it was an excellent course. I was already pretty experienced in wholesaling, but I remember thinking that if I was just getting started and took that course, I could make very good money just doing what they told me to do.

User Stats

Votes
Mike Smith
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • St. Louis, MO
Replied Oct 13 2006, 23:00

Ryan, I agree that these are good principles. It's more specific advice on executing on these principles I was hoping to get out of the course. I was disappointed to see how much you had to pay to be told these principles and little more. Like I said, this very well may be a different course than the one I looked at.

User Stats

Votes
Ken Hicks
  • Boonies, PA
Votes |
  • Boonies, PA
Replied Oct 16 2006, 18:54

A friend of mine bought one of carltons programs. I never looked at it. but I can tell you that stuff is still under his bed some of the books were still wrapped up. I can't knock carlton, or Ron. The only one I"m cutting on is my friend. When I buy a book or a program i'm opening it like it's chrismas. So if you do buy this stuff use it. as long as you get one idea or a bit more knowledgable then it's worth it. I bought one of those goverment grant programs. I think i'm going to use it to start a fire to keep warm. thats about how good it was. I should email the company and tell them it's crap. we'll see.