Real estate wealth expo - Chicago with Tony Robbins

Real estate wealth expo - Chicago with Tony Robbins

Dave CarpenterPro Member
Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
Just came across info for the real estate wealth expo that's coming to Chicago on April 2. Wondering if anyone has any insight on this expo. Any insight on if it's a big selling thing, or legitimate? Based on Suzy Ormann and Tony Robbins it seems like it may be somewhat legitimate. For me, seeing Tony Robbins alone may be worth it. Not sure I'm looking to get any real actionable info, but viewing this as a handful of interesting speakers. Thoughts?
0Reply
91 views

Most Popular Reply

Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
Moderator
Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
9y

I am expecting there to be a ton of pitches, but it is 20 minutes from my house and for $50 I think it is worth going, I can always leave if it sucks

See this reply in the discussion

42 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    9y
    Anyone from the Milwaukee area thinking about going? Seems cheaper to buy a pair of tickets than individual ones.
  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    @Dave Carpenter - some of us in Chicago are going, I have a coupon code for $49 tickets you can get here

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/40...

  • Investor · Schaumburg, IL · Member since 2015 · 219 posts · 104 votes
    9y

    Seems like it may be worth it.

    Groupon has tickets to this events for $39.00.


  • Investor · Riverside, CA · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y

    Tony Robbins for $39 and you don't expect a pitch fest?

  • Real Estate Broker · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 338 posts · 129 votes
    9y
    I've been to something similar 5 years back in Milwaukee. The headliners were good, but they had a bunch of filler people in between that was nothing but a pitch.
  • Dave CarpenterPro Member
    OP
    Investor · Cedarburg, WI · Member since 2013 · 439 posts · 150 votes
    9y

    I signed up using a discount. Should be worth the cost to hear some of those speakers. I will make sure not to bring my checkbook!

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 564 posts · 425 votes
    9y

    I'm curious about this. I've seen ads for the same thing in Toronto, with Tony Robbins, the woman from Flip or Flop, one of the stars from love it or list it Vancouver, etc. I expect it to just be a guru pitch, and I didn't think the celebrities would even show up, I thought they were just in the advertisements.

    Do you think this is legit?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    9y

    @Aaron Mazzrillo  Robbins  is backed by the same utah company that does many of the RE TV gurus and other guru events... should be interesting I think he is just starting to get into the RE space.

    @Brie Schmidt  let us know if there are vendors there selling out of area product like is normal at these events or up selling for further education.. 

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    @Luc Boiron I was thinking about going to the Toronto one too, and there's a Groupon for $39. From what I've googled, @Sam Erickson is right and the headliners are good and the rest is fluff. Good deal even just to see the headliners as I'd be satisfied with even a few motivational takeaways.

    Let me know if you plan on going!

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    Toronto Groupon for $39: https://www.groupon.com/deals/gl-real-estate-wealth-expo-with-special-performance-by-pitbull

  • Brie SchmidtBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Chicago, IL · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    9y

    I am expecting there to be a ton of pitches, but it is 20 minutes from my house and for $50 I think it is worth going, I can always leave if it sucks

  • Flipper / Rehabber / Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 392 posts · 77 votes
    9y

    I was considering going to the Toronto one (ironically, a week after I'll be in Chicago next) to see if it may be a good place to network and see some good motivational speakers (and Pit Bull!  lol).  I'm with @Brie Schmidt - we can always leave if it turns out to only be a pitch-fest.

    It'll be interesting to see how many of the presentations are geared to the Canadian vs the US market.  @Florence Lee and @Luc Boiron - Maybe we can set a time/place for a biggerpockets meetup there.  :)

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    Hi @Larry Smet, I would love that and agree we can hit a bar if it turns out to be pitchy!! Will pick my ticket up this week and we can make arrangements with @Luc Boiron via PM if he's game!

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 564 posts · 425 votes
    9y

    @Larry Smet @Florence Lee Sounds great! My wife and I have tickets from the groupon link Florence sent. Let's connect when we're there!

  • Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 8 votes
    9y

    Sorry if Torontonians just hijacked the Chicago page...hahaha

    I am thinking of getting tickets to the TO event.

  • Rental Property Investor · Quincy, IL · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 7 votes
    9y
  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    @Luc Boiron @Annabelle Lee @Larry Smet The Toronto folks have taken over! ;) My ticket arrived yesterday and I'm going by myself, so would love to meet up/sit with you guys if you're going! PM me your contact info if you're interested in meeting up!

  • Investor · Hamilton, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    9y

    I got tickets to the one in Toronto, but I don't want to spend the whole day there. Does anyone have a schedule? I'm mostly interested in seeing Tony Robbins and can't find a schedule anywhere.

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 891 votes
    9y
    I have a feeling it's a sale pitch to an advance program they have. $40 only covers the cost to lease the space. But yes great networking atmosphere if you meet the right people.
  • Rental Property Investor · Rockford, IL · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    9y

    Saw the ad on TV this morning. They're talking about 29 speakers - expect a sell-a-thon.

    The admission fee is to make it look "not free" since "free = valueless waste of time" in a lot of folks' mind.

  • Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 30 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    @Joanne M. I suspect they don't release a schedule so people don't just show up only for the keynotes. I can only stay until 2:30 or so, and plan to be there for the keynotes then wander around the sales floor (I assume there's some sort of booth setup), grab a bite and network with BiggerPockets folks :)

  • Flipper / Rehabber / Real Estate Investor · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2012 · 392 posts · 77 votes
    9y

    Hi @Florence Lee - I sent a colleague request but missed attaching a message.  I'll PM you with my contact info when you accept the colleague request.  Look forward to seeing you, @Luc Boiron and some other investors I know that are going tomorrow.

  • Specialist · Toronto, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 564 posts · 425 votes
    9y

    Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow @Florence Lee @Larry Smet @Annabelle Lee

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Dave Carpenter , I just came back from yesterday's event in Toronto. Chicago is next! I went for Tony Robbins cause I'm a big fan. The event starts at 8am and ends at 4:30pm. Guess what! Tony Robbins is scheduled at 4:30pm; the last few minutes. All the rest of the day is a big selling things one after the other. Each representative wants you at the end of his presentation to buy his membership and promising a whole life partnership. Apparently, they have been doing this for quit a while cause last time they were here in Toronto again, it was 10 years ago with Tony Robins, as well. 

    Yesterday, I couldn't stand the sales pitch even if I'm missing to see Tony! The Groupon tickets were exactly the same as here. The $39 were very far from the stage. You don't see the stage, only on TVs. Good luck if you're going. Let me know your feedback, if you went.

    @Dave Carpenter

  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2015 · 61 posts · 12 votes
    9y

    @Florence Lee @Larry Smet @Annabelle Lee If I read this conversation a day earlier, it would have been good to connect. Guys, please let me know if any future gatherings. Would love to connect! Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.