"Real Estate Investor Seeking Apprentice. FT 10k PT 5k"...huh?

"Real Estate Investor Seeking Apprentice. FT 10k PT 5k"...huh?

Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes

So I'm headed to drop my car off for service at the dealership and I see this sign. "Real Estate Investor Seeking Apprentice. FT 10k PT 5k". I used to just ignore these signs in the past. But I've seen them before. Now that I've been on Bigger Pockets and have a forum to ask. 

Does anyone do this or know what its about? There was a phone number to call. Which I don't plan on calling. But as someone starting out it did peak my interest. 

Thanks in advance!

1Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Dev HornPro Member
Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
10y

That sign needs some fine print on it that says "These results are not typical and are unlikely to occur for YOU."  Because there is NO "real estate apprentice" making $10K per month.  Makes no sense.  Your top guy might be able to make that, but no beginner is walking into that kind of cash working for an investor.

It pays to have a good BS meter in this business...

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • RE Investor · Newnan, GA · Member since 2015 · 309 posts · 132 votes
    10y

    @Sam Valme I have seen these signs in Atlanta as well. I believe the signs are related to one of the RE guru's courses which is a pyramid model. Call them, it can't hurt.

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Hey @Rush Wall, that was my thought as well. I didn't write down the number because I was driving. But if I see it again I might give them a call just to see what they have to say.

  • Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    10y

    The company is renatus. They are an educational program for people interested in becoming a real estate investor while marketing the education to others and earning 50% of commission on the students you sign up. 

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    That sign needs some fine print on it that says "These results are not typical and are unlikely to occur for YOU."  Because there is NO "real estate apprentice" making $10K per month.  Makes no sense.  Your top guy might be able to make that, but no beginner is walking into that kind of cash working for an investor.

    It pays to have a good BS meter in this business...

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    10y

    @Sam Valme if you call, I would first do *67 so your number is blocked.  Unless you like telemarketing calls.  Cheers!

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    Hey @Steve Vaughan, I actually never ended up calling. But thanks for the advice!

  • New Milford, NJ · Member since 2015 · 26 posts · 20 votes
    10y

    Hey Everyone,

         I know a little about this.  Because I originally signed on to market the educational program. So basically the 5k-10k they are referring to has nothing I repeat has NOTHING to do with being a real estate investor. It is Renatus' marketing program where you market the education and they pay you 50% of the cost of the education as commission. Now I am not here to knock Renatus because I do feel the educational component is great, but I actually stopped marketing the educational program because I am not interested in network marketing. The ads that they are putting out is extremely misleading and that's the part I can't get with. Good luck. 

  • Developer · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 904 votes
    10y
    I would call them and ask them how much they are going to pay you since they want an apprentice.
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2012 · 79 posts · 19 votes
    10y

    Lol, I've called a number on a sign and ended up relying to an ad on CL and it did end up being Renatus.

    I watched the video that I was sent and I wasn't interested, the person who sent the video was very pushy though. She kept trying to get me to join even after I told her I didn't want to.

    Isn't the owner of Renatus that "I'll show you how you can drive a lambo too...or free lambo" guy?

  • Rental Property Investor · Arlington, VA · Member since 2015 · 160 posts · 53 votes
    10y

    This is what I expected. Thanks to BP I get to avoid myself the conversation haha. I appreciate the assistance!

  • Banker · Ponte Vedra Beach, FL · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 3 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Sam Valme:

    This is what I expected. Thanks to BP I get to avoid myself the conversation haha. I appreciate the assistance!

     so glad you figured it out...................

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.