Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews

User Stats

Votes
David Soest
  • Investor
  • La Marque, TX
Votes |
Capital Rehab Group

David Soest
  • Investor
  • La Marque, TX
Posted Jan 12 2015, 16:08

I just got the course from Capital Rehab Group.

Watched the first dvd and had a question. So I called their 800 number.

The guy I talked to was very short. He didn't want to answer my question, just qualify me to join their group.

Once I told him I did not want to pay out $5,000. right this second he was done with me, but his answer to my question was " if I want to go it alone, use the course as a guide and spend many hours looking up the answers to my questions".

Not what I expected.

I guess that was my "Quick start consultation", they said was worth $397.00.

My original question was why on Zillow does it say "N/A" when I look at recently sold homes trying to find what they sold for.

According to them that's how you know what a repaired home will sell for.

I was not expecting much for $49.00 but a polite person on the phone was expected.

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Jan 12 2015, 17:30

For $397, I will answer your question plus five more and I will be nice about it! :)

In all seriousness, you don't find the actual and true ARV by looking on Zillow and them telling you that shows just how inept they are.

To answer your question, in TX, you have a non disclosure state and as such, the sold prices are not made public record so you get NA or "Null" on Zillow.

User Stats

Votes
John Mitchell
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 29 2015, 17:32

Thank you for this information as I was ready today to pull the trigger with this company and buy their $47 real estate house flipping course.

They offer a 1 year Money back guarantee  I don't know anything about the $5000 investment

You just don't know who to trust!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Richard Fields
  • HVAC mechanic
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • HVAC mechanic
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Oct 3 2015, 11:48

Have you tried any of the numbers on their hard money list? I'd be very curious to know if they were real

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Lankford
  • Wichita, KS
Votes |
  • Wichita, KS
Replied Oct 5 2015, 17:21

From what I have found, there are several companies like "Capital Rehab Group" that are merely funneling you into their program that is actually ran by another company.  That company will try to get you to buy more and more of their "services" and the next thing you know, you are the one in foreclosure.   Here is a link to the ripoff report of the the company "advantage education" that is the company all of these front companies funnel you to:

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/advantage-education/...

User Stats

Votes
Gerard Briggs
  • Brimfield, MA
Votes |
  • Brimfield, MA
Replied Mar 4 2016, 21:05

Yea the old "we'll build you a website for free" I just purchased " The Book on Flipping Houses" and "The Book on Estimating Rehab Costs" by J Scott. These books got excellent reviews and I'm just starting to read the one on Flipping. These books go hand in hand. Total Cost was 49.00 and I got the downloaded versions too. I'm 62 and looking to get into flipping. I plan on becoming a Real Estate Agent to learn the business and also have an insider advantage of finding properties before they hit the MLS. The moment I hear we have a "System" my antenna goes up. Solid education by people who are actually flipping and getting your feet wet and just do it in my opinion the best way to get into the flipping business.

User Stats

Votes
John Salazar
  • Investor
  • Fort Myers, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Myers, FL
Replied Jun 15 2016, 15:59

I ordered the DVD a couple of days ago and have not received them yet. I though did get a phone call from a guy named "joe" who wanted to set up my investor profile and wanted to ask me a couple of questions. I said ok but I have not received your DVD and don't know much about your "system. So hear go the questions, address, phone number, email address, how much investment experience do I have, and what is my monthly mortgage ? I said that is between me and my bank. He got defensive and said that if I wanted to have hard money lenders invest with me I needed a profile setup. Well I don't know you or your system and not giving out anymore personal information. He told me if I was going to give him a hard time then check out the DVD and give them a call back if not part as "friends" we are certainly not that.  I hate the hard pressure sell nothing turns me off faster and raises my suspicion than that type of behavior. Capital Rehab Group.

User Stats

Votes
Rachel Baldwin
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jun 28 2016, 09:31

I ordered their DVD and looked over them. They were okay. Had one or two people called but I haven't returned their call as of yet. I don't the pushy sell pitches either.  If I want to purchase I will do so on my own choosing. If not, so be it. 

User Stats

Votes
Tom Cheng
  • New Hyde Park, NY
Votes |
  • New Hyde Park, NY
Replied Sep 12 2016, 14:51

Hi,

I ordered there DVD to learn more about starting out on rehab projects.  They want to set me up with a mentor.  Does anyone understand what this mentorship program is?  Are you going to sell services to me or look to partner with me on rehab projects.  Thanks, Tom

User Stats

Votes
Shawnee McGee
  • Investor
  • Citrus Heights, Ca
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Citrus Heights, Ca
Replied Nov 15 2016, 10:47

I'm so glad I came across this thread. I almost hit the "Buy" button but thought, "you know, I should probably research this guy first (even as "nice" and "reliable" he sounds on his intro video when you go to check out. Thank you everyone for sharing. 

User Stats

Votes
David Soest
  • Investor
  • La Marque, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • La Marque, TX
Replied Nov 15 2016, 15:55

Been a while since I posted this.

I did find a place to get the sold prices, I hope it's OK to post it here. It's called Redfin.com. 

Also found a really good hard money lender for Texas properties, message me for that cause I'm pretty sure I cant post their name or address. 

I just bought my third flip in Baycliff Texas, closing on the 15 of December, there hard to find but I'm still working at it.

User Stats

Votes
Ed Canales
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Elkridge, MD
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Elkridge, MD
Replied Dec 9 2016, 06:46

As they say " Information is power" , appreciate the information shared on this Capital Rehab Group of Florida, I was not convince but willing to spend $47.00 , but now I wont. We are a small company MBC Legacy LLC ( three zero one) six four six twenty one forty three, in MD and have done rehabs and own a couple nice rentals , but need more capital to move to the next level on rehabs acquisitions. We would love to connect with a reliable , affortable private lender that could led $50K -$100K base on asset equity we have one of our rental properties. This is was the reason I was curious about Capital Rehab since they indicated in the promotional website that they had solid Private lenders, not sure anymore after reading these posting. Same old pushy up sale strategy. Thank you all

User Stats

Votes
Will Barnard
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Santa Clarita, CA
ModeratorReplied Dec 9 2016, 13:11

After reading several responses, I am amazed on how many people are willing to throw away $49 just because it seams affordable. Just looking at this companies website, you can just see and smell the BS. My personal favorite is the success stories tab. Most likely written themselves and made up, there are only 3 and the second is the most ridiculous. First, it is from 2014 (seriously, you have no recent success stories?) and the numbers simply state $48k purchase, $3k rehab,sold for $96k, and profit at a whopping $45,000. I find it hard to believe that only $3k of rehab is enough to increase the value by $48k but more importantly, these number s fail to show any acquisition costs, holding costs, resale costs or real estate commissions. That is some miracle by a newbie success claimant!

I have now realized I am in the wrong business. A cd set sold for $49 is all I need to do and my info would actually be real! 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Eddie Williams
  • Southfield, MI
Votes |
  • Southfield, MI
Replied Jan 13 2017, 11:03

I was just getting ready to order their dvd!  Something told me to check on Bigger Pockets.  Wow!  Just saved myself $47.00.  Thanks!  Note to self, before buying any guru's system, check on Bigger Pockets first!!

User Stats

Votes
Henry McCallum
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Mar 16 2017, 19:20

Thanks for the testimonials everyone about your experiences. My experience was the same. If you buy there DVD(s) they will contact you right away before you've even hardly had a chance to check the DVD(s) out or the company. They try to get your credit card and financial info on the pretax of finding you funding without having to pull a credit report that might cause a ding on your rating, and supposedly with the opportunity for free deal coaching. They will not provide you any substantial history or details about the financials of Capital Rehab. But will continue to press you to provide personal financial details under the cloak of providing you help. I advised them I will not provide any information without due diligence on their company. They need to be checked out.

User Stats

Votes
Larry Killmer
  • Investor
  • Garwood, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Garwood, NJ
Replied Jul 24 2017, 16:11

Hey People, Little over two (2) years ago Capital Rehabber? Doug, the principal owner there. They came to town offering  a weekend boot camp training free. So I went and attended the first day of three events at which point they starting with that we needed to place a refunable deposit of $1597.00 to continue as they were going to give us a lot of important information that we needed to be successful. Please understand that at this time the lending environment was nothing like now. Lenders were very narrow minded just trying to bounce back from the real estate industry.  I already have 25 in banking and still could not gain access to funding.  So Capital Rehabbers had me at the most vunerable time. I gave them the check for the $1597. Then the very next day they started to sell their program which was going to cost about $18000. plus.  I indicated that I had to leave as I did not have that kind of money nor did I want them to cahs my check. On the last day they surrounded me and started selling me worse than any other sales people in the world. Promising me that I was wasting my time because without their program there would never be success due to the lack of funding.  After 3-4 hours of drilling me down they convinced me into cutting a additional check for $7000.. Yes almost 9k.  When the next week started I waiting anxiously for all my materials. Well in order to close this one month went by when I received nothing I called the salesman. I questioned him about my access to the website to access all the information such as the lending guides. He replied to me that with less than half of their program fee paid this only  entited me to call him when I had questions or concerns on my own deals. What"??? He repeated himself by explaining to me how he can send me something on Wholesaling by as far as Fixing and Flipping there was no support for that.  Instead of raising hell and with the terrible feelings of shame and embarrassment I did not complain to any of the authorities.  Why I will never know but this company shamed me right out of  my profession of 25 years within three days. I kept a secret I thought however this company robber me of any start up money that I thought I had.  Never , never ever do any kind of business with this company of a man name Doug connected to them.  Almost $10K and this guy did not even look back or feel any kind of guilt . Absolutely no morals as just what he did was came into town and robbed me practically at gun point. So please when ever you hear or read their name remember my story and share it

User Stats

Votes
Shannon Sullivan
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jul 7 2018, 15:10

I bought their $47 dvd set from coach Dave here in Florida. They say you won’t need anything more past that. I have been doing research for about a year now so I’m ready to start. Maybe he was having a bad day. It doesn’t excuse how he talked to you but we all have bad days sometimes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Pawlicki
  • Utica, MI
Votes |
  • Utica, MI
Replied Dec 6 2018, 18:25

I bought their Pro House Flip DVD set for $47 and another "Flip 3 houses a year template" guide for $47. All in all there was good information in these sets and nice examples on how to renovate properties. I had no problem with coach Dave or the DVDs, but I am receiving daily calls from Arizona, asking me to create an investor profile, then passing me off to someone else asking me to sign up for mentoring ($4900). I wasn't prepared to throw that kind of money around so I stopped answering the phone.

Bottom line is the DVDs are fine, but I have no idea if the mentoring is worthwhile.

User Stats

Votes
Larry Killmer
  • Investor
  • Garwood, NJ
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Garwood, NJ
Replied Jul 25 2019, 21:50

Update;  there is a gentlemen name Lee Arnold who is currently running what appears to be a thriving funding company name COGO Capital. They have a relationship with a very larger member base forum called Connected Investors. Well Lee Arnold was the guy connected with this Coach Dave who was to supply the  f laced Lending for the flips. I had contacted him about one year ago several times to question him however he refused to talk to me. Please note COGO Capital is the scammer behind the funding back then. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 29 2019, 09:50

I tell you I just got screwed by capital rehab group. $5000! Could not get anything done, held me at arms length, couldn’t get a hold of the guy, and now I have lost my job and requested the money back. My money! He said I’m pretty much screwed unless I work with them. I am not working with this jerk! Run far away from this company and Coach Dave--who apparently has 2 last names, and tell everyone you know!

User Stats

Votes
Yosef Katz
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brooklyn NY
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Brooklyn NY
Replied Nov 6 2019, 20:00

Thank you all for saving me 47$

Bp does it again