Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here

Join Over 3 Million Real Estate Investors

Create a free BiggerPockets account to comment, participate, and connect with over 2 million real estate investors.
Use your real name
By signing up, you indicate that you agree to the BiggerPockets Terms & Conditions.
The community here is like my own little personal real estate army that I can depend upon to help me through ANY problems I come across.
Guru, Book, & Course Reviews
All Forum Categories
Followed Discussions
Followed Categories
Followed People
Followed Locations
Market News & Data
General Info
Real Estate Strategies
Landlording & Rental Properties
Real Estate Professionals
Financial, Tax, & Legal
Real Estate Classifieds
Reviews & Feedback

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Lou Vukas

N/A N/A
Posted Aug 3 2008, 10:52

Anyone have any experience with this guru or his courses?

His company is called Platinum Acquisitions. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Don Mack
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 21 2007, 08:10

I have experience with his course, but you won't get all the property leads he says you will. He uses basic newspaper ads and bandit signs.

What are you wanting from his course?

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Replied Aug 21 2007, 19:40

Thanks GetSmart!

I was mostly interested in his Commerical RE course. He also claims to have lots of funding sources that he will share. He even claims to provide your 1st commercial deal (in your home zip code) with a minimum of $20K profit to you. I guess when things sound too good to be true, they usually are. Much like his add is going to outproduce all other adds by 5X as he claims. I dunno..........

IMHO, most RE courses today are recycled & redundant versions of Ron Legrands & Carleton Sheets courses from 1990. I still own both of them and have used many of the techniques they disclosed.

But when a course is <$500 if you get one usuable technique thats new to you, then its time & money well spent.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Aug 21 2007, 20:19

I just received an e-book from Lou Vukas that I believe is called Tax Lien Secrets Revealed - America's Last Untapped Goldmine. It also has a heading of $0 Down Real Estate Buying with bad credit & no job. This is going to be my first piece of investing literature recommended by my boss. ( Who is a well established REI himself) Any feedback on this program will be much appreciated. I'm going to read this and any other information thrown my way, but I want to know whether I need to keep anything in mind. Thanks guys. Evan.

User Stats

Votes
Don Mack
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 21 2007, 20:29

I did purchase his commercial course as well. Its actually a dvd or at least it was last year of a very boring guy that talks non stop for four hours.

It doesn't have any diagrams or anything. His voice never changes pitches and i fell a sleep on on the dvd at least four times trying to keep up. The guy is the same guy that is on his private money dvd and another one of his dvd's i think the short sales dvd.

You will be better off going to the library to get information. The site he turns you onto does have some deals but they are very marginal.

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • London
Replied Aug 22 2007, 02:00
Originally posted by "amaizingblu":
Thanks GetSmart!

I was mostly interested in his Commercial RE course. He also claims to have lots of funding sources that he will share. He even claims to provide your 1st commercial deal (in your home zip code) with a minimum of $20K profit to you. I guess when things sound too good to be true, they usually are. Much like his add is going to outproduce all other adds by 5X as he claims. I dunno..........

IMHO, most RE courses today are recycled & redundant versions of Ron Legrands & Carleton Sheets courses from 1990. I still own both of them and have used many of the techniques they disclosed.

But when a course is <$500 if you get one usable technique thats new to you, then its time & money well spent.

Two things.

1. You will find that most of what RL and CS have to say was said by others before them. Not that they recycled other people's materials. Just that most ideas for RE investing are based on very tried and tested concepts that predate them both.

2. Consider Ray Alcorn's Dealmaker's Guide to Commercial Real Estate. I have a copy of the manual and have spent time with Ray on multiple occasions.

Ray has been a commercial RE investor for over 25 years. He learned the business from his father. Ray and his brothers run the firm they took over from their dad. He focuses on offices and multi-family properties now. He has done development, manufactured home (MH) parks, MH sales and a hotels.

I completely agree with amaizingblu when he says 1 good idea can easily cover the price of a course or seminar. Most people fail not because the materials were weak. They fail because they do not apply what is covered in the courses they have purchased.

As Yoda might say: Easy it is not. Work it does. Lazy are too many.

John Corey

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Replied Aug 22 2007, 09:59

REI, I'd love the link for Alcorns info. Thanks!

I did go ahead and order the Vukas commercial course. He threw in a few freebies too and the whole thing was only $200. If its as GetSmart describes, I'm sure I'll fall asleep too. Then return it for arefund after I wake.

Thanks guys!

User Stats

Votes
Don Mack
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 28 2007, 23:03

amaizingblu, tell everyone what you thought about the course. Maybe you had a better from motivational experience than i did.

Your comments are sure to help others no matter how you feel about the course.

:violin:

User Stats

Votes
N/A N/A
Votes |
Replied Aug 29 2007, 02:46

So far, I'm not real impressed.

I just got it on Monday evening. Very slow delivery. I have not watched the dvd's yet. Though, I am only a couple of chapters into it; the written material appears to be a very basic course in commercial RE investing.

I'll post more when I finish it early next week.

He claims that he will send you your first commercial deal with a minimum of 20K profit in it...... He sent me a triplex (HUD-8 candidate) that had just been re-habbed by a guy I know who bought it from a disgruntled landlord. Hardly what I was expecting.

User Stats

Votes
Don Mack
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Aug 29 2007, 19:21

:boring:

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 7 2008, 12:17

I bought his course, Real Estate Exposed. It was so disappointing that I had to return it. Lou has never refunded me. BTW I have purchased over 50 courses and have kept all but 2.