What do you want to know about Seattle Real Estate?

What do you want to know about Seattle Real Estate?

James DainardPro Member
Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2015 · 415 posts · 1k+ votes

Hey Seattle BP community, I'm putting together blog ideas for 2019, what are some of the RE questions you guys have that you would like to see blog posts about? Anything from wholesaling, market updates, selling your homes, fix and flips, etc.  Even specific questions about your projects, let me know! 

12Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Justin CambraPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 29 votes
7y

James, I think it would be very interesting to learn the steps on how to get a property rezoned to a higher use. 

Thanks

Justin 

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin CambraPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 48 posts · 29 votes
    7y

    James, I think it would be very interesting to learn the steps on how to get a property rezoned to a higher use. 

    Thanks

    Justin 

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Hi James, I am a newbie in Seattle and would like to know what areas are good for multifamily investing in WA, and how can we purchase a property with 20% or more discount

  • Real Estate Broker · Poulsbo, WA · Member since 2018 · 121 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Einat Menashe, look outside Seattle. Kitsap County (where I am), Snohomish County, and Pierce County are worth looking at, though pay attention to the tax rates. Good luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    Thank you so much! I will do that

  • David WarrenPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    Hi @James Dainard - how about a blog post on how to reach out to hard money lenders? What to expect? What are they looking for in an investment and investor? What to expect financially in a loan deal? Etc. 

  • James DainardPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2015 · 415 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Einat Menashe Thank you for your feedback! Multifamily investments are a great RE option in Washington right now.  Especially in the Puget Sound Region.  I'll  be hosting a webinar on this later on this month.  I'll keep you updated, and start writing some blog posts about what areas I'm looking at for 2019! 

    @David Warren Great idea! Thanks for your input, I work closely with hard money lenders and expectations can vary depending on the lender.  It's important to find the right lender FOR YOU.  Which is why I always work with the same team. I can send you their information in a private message! 

  • David WarrenPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @James Dainard - Thanks! Please send me your contact for hard money lending. Much appreciated!

  • Rental Property Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 11 votes
    7y

    @James Dainard The webinar sounds great! Please let me know when you are going to do it. Also, I would love to read your blog posts. 

  • Kevin McGuirePro Member
    CTO of BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 168 posts · 178 votes
    7y

    @James Dainard Thanks in advance for putting this together.

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Cool! I'd love to hear about purchasing foreclosures in Seattle.

  • James DainardPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2015 · 415 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @James Gliwa I don't work with foreclosures anymore for a number of reasons.  I mostly work with off-market properties because you have the opportunity to inspect the site, and then decide how much that property is worth.  I've found with foreclosures, that the auction process can lead to over spending on a project without knowing exactly how much it's going to cost on rehab.  You end up doing a lot of work in the underwriting, and researching and then the deal could still fall through (this is a very summarized version).  From my experience, off-market properties have been more profitable and much more secure for investment opportunities. 

  • James DainardPro Member
    OP
    Real Estate Broker · Bellevue, WA · Member since 2015 · 415 posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @James Gliwa I don't work with foreclosures anymore for a number of reasons.  I mostly work with off-market properties because you have the opportunity to inspect the site, and then decide how much that property is worth.  I've found with foreclosures, that the auction process can lead to over spending on a project without knowing exactly how much it's going to cost on rehab.  You end up doing a lot of work in the underwriting, and researching and then the deal could still fall through (this is a very summarized version).  From my experience, off-market

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.