Buying SFH property in Austin - Hutto Tx

Buying SFH property in Austin - Hutto Tx

Rental Property Investor · San Jose · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote

Hi, 

I'm looking at properties in Hutto TX for rental & long term investment. Is this good place to buy and hold. Will this place hold value in the long term. Are there any upcoming developments and future planned developments

Looking at single family homes in/around Hutto lake park. There are some portion of houses which backs farm lands, are these home good to buy ? Taxes seems on the higher side than Round rock. Other parts of North Austin are high in demand and not able to meet my budget

Need your inputs. 

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 41 votes
5y

@Vinoth Amar I think Hutto has great potential in the future with its proximity to 130 and 79 and more importantly it sitting right next to a hot RoundRock market. Its easily accessible to RR, PF, GT and even Manor/Airport. I wouldn't ofcrs expect rents like RR, but, in the long term they will get there is my belief.
w.r.t Development, I am reading about the Co-op and Perfect Game moving headquarters to Hutto. 
w.r.t Homes backing up to farm lands, I personally would stay away, since we do not know post annexation what could end up there (commercial or mixed use or residential)

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 41 posts · 41 votes
    5y

    @Vinoth Amar I think Hutto has great potential in the future with its proximity to 130 and 79 and more importantly it sitting right next to a hot RoundRock market. Its easily accessible to RR, PF, GT and even Manor/Airport. I wouldn't ofcrs expect rents like RR, but, in the long term they will get there is my belief.
    w.r.t Development, I am reading about the Co-op and Perfect Game moving headquarters to Hutto. 
    w.r.t Homes backing up to farm lands, I personally would stay away, since we do not know post annexation what could end up there (commercial or mixed use or residential)

  • Redmond, WA · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Vinoth, unless you're getting an amazing deal on an off market property, it's very hard to cash flow with both home prices and the bidding wars, and THEN the latest Fannie Mae announcement about increase in int rates for investment props. My advice would be this: Any part of greater austin including Hutto is poised for growth. So if the numbers make sense (add 20-30% for bidding wars) and the home is in a good condition, go for it. 

  • Redmond, WA · Member since 2017 · 134 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Edited to add, kudos to @Rohan D. for the very factual response as well. I agree with what he says.

  • Rohnert Park, CA · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Vinoth Amar

    Very good town with heavy appreciation. But homes are being bought 30-80k over listing price and the rents haven’t really increased. Unless u get a sweet off market deal good luck

  • Member since 2023 · 90 posts · 26 votes
    2y

    What about living in that neighborhood ? Also I wonder there are more active snake situation in that neighborhood ? Considering to purchase a primary residence there...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.