Best Places To Invest in Toledo?

Best Places To Invest in Toledo?

Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes

Hi everyone! I'm new to real estate investing and have been trying to learn about the market in Toledo. I'm an out of state investor, so I'm not very familiar with the area. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for what are good areas to target and which areas I should avoid when searching for my first rental property in Toledo? My investment focus will be on townhomes/condos and also multi-family properties. 

1Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 101 votes
4y

I’d definitely spend some time in the area first. Properties can be less expensive than other parts of the country BUT that doesn’t always mean that it’s a good investment if rents don’t support it. You also need to educate yourself on the lead paint ordinance and potential impact and familiarize yourself with the nuances of the neighborhoods. A good realtor can help.


See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 101 votes
    4y

    Have you spent time in the market yet?

  • Member since 2022 · 2 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Hi Christopher, it is a pleasure to meet you. Great name, by the way. I have been there briefly, but haven't spent much time there. I'm excited to start investing and it looks like it may be a great up and coming place to invest, so I was hoping to learn more about it.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    Nobody invests in condos/townhouses in Toledo that I know of. Its mostly either single family or small multi-family. The very abbreviated answer is invest in 43612, 43613, 43614. Avoid 43605, 43608, 43609.

  • Investor · Toledo, OH · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 101 votes
    4y

    I’d definitely spend some time in the area first. Properties can be less expensive than other parts of the country BUT that doesn’t always mean that it’s a good investment if rents don’t support it. You also need to educate yourself on the lead paint ordinance and potential impact and familiarize yourself with the nuances of the neighborhoods. A good realtor can help.


Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.