Area Around John F. Kennedy School in Maple Heights, OH

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bob CollettPro Member
    Property Manager · Brecksville, OH · Member since 2014 · 486 posts · 464 votes
    10y

    David, I am currently managing about six properties in Maple Heights. The homes are solid, but I am finding that unless you are very careful in selecting tenants, there can be unpleasant outcomes. I spoke with one of the inspectors a couple of days ago. They tell me that there is an uncomfortably high percentage of rental homes vs. owner occupants, and because of this the city can be difficult to work with for investors. I was recently advised that we needed to resurface an asphalt driveway at a cost of about $5000 just to get a rental permit. The driveway was in fairly good shape compared to the surrounding owner occupant homes. Lets get together sometime.

    Bob Collett, Remax Trinity

  • Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    Is it a bad Idea to invest in so called C area properties even when just starting as an investor?

    I am able to do a lot of the rehab work myself.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.