Should I offer seller financing on a flip property? What terms?

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2018 · 37 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    Hi Dennis - I don't have enough info to reply?    You own the home and are flipping it?

    Typical seller financed terms usually assume $10K-$20K downpayment and an interest rate at least a few points north of prime (right now, >7%)   It can be 30yr fixed or 5-10yrs with a balloon.

    These are really rough guidelines but every deal is different depending on your strategy...

  • Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    Hi Jeff, yes I own and planned to flip. The down payment will be 10%, 7% int. for 10 years fixed, due to the market in this area. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. 

  • El Cajon, CA · Member since 2015 · 10 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hi Dennis, how did this deal go?

  • Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Seller financing was a no go on this property. I do have a deal in the works with a buyer seeking a VA loan.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.