New Meetup Group in St. Joseph Missouri... Suggestions?

New Meetup Group in St. Joseph Missouri... Suggestions?

Flipper/Rehabber · Gower, MO · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 31 votes

Hello everyone. It has come to my attention that although there are many networking groups in the Kansas City area for investors, there are none that I'm aware of in St. Joseph. I've decided to start a group that meets in St. Joseph called Tycoon Talk NW Missouri. All are invited and encouraged to come. Our first meeting will be on January 4th at 11:00 AM at Magoon's Famous Delicatessen. 632 S 8th St, St Joseph, MO 64501

We will be discussing what we want the group to be. This is your chance to help create a group the way you want it. Don't miss it! Also, for any that can't make it, please offer any suggestions you may have here.

Please RSVP at http://meetu.ps/s/.0/yW5ls/f

Thanks,

Jonathan

1Reply
43 views

26 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    9y

    Jonathan - if you upgrade your BP membership to the $99 a year I think, you can then post your events in the Market Place.  It is not working quite right in that it seems to only show past events if people search. . . so if you do post, edit or comment on it to make it come back to the top of the list so people see it.

    Start a group on Meetup.com - also a great way to collect a membership list and have a basic website.  It costs about 160 a year - you pay by the 1/2 a year.  

    Create a Facebook Group as well

    Maybe there is a way to create a BP group -  not sure on that one.

    I also discussed how to get it on the MAREI calendar.

    And not to change your programming, but there is a big group that meets every Wednesday from 9 to 11 am that a lot of people go to so you might loose out on some attendance from people that go to that one and can't make it to yours.  Although you might be far enough apart that it will not matter - although I do try to go to the WinVestors group when I am in town and I drive 3 hours to be there.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Gower, MO · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    The first meeting was fantastic!  A small but dedicated group of investors exchanged leads, ideas, and contractor referrals.

    Our second meeting will be on February 1st, same time and location. Our group is growing and I'm super excited. We are chairing a committee for the Missouri Landlord's Association as well, and this meeting we will be deciding what issue we want to research.  

    Thanks @Kim Tucker. I've heard WinVestors is great and I hope to attend some of their events. It's a weekly meeting and Tycoon Talk is one a month, so I hope some folks will still make the journey. I think we will stick with the time and day right now, until we get feedback from attendees that says they would prefer otherwise. Although not exclusively for St. Joseph residents, I feel like a lunch meeting is more conducive to a local audience and we're really trying to fill a need in St. Joseph.

    I hope Kansas City and St. Joseph investors can come and network at this event and learn from each other. Check out our Facebook Group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/650485815131228/

  • Investor · Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 23 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Schneider Are you still doing this?  I would be interested in attending and happy to help with the planning!  I live in St. Joseph and have a couple investment properties (looking for more).  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Gower, MO · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    @Tiffany Smith , Hey Tiffany. I have taken a break from Tycoon talk and have not held meetings for the last few months. Unfortunately, there was a lack of interest and I felt like the amount of effort I was dedicating to it was never justified. I'd gladly start it back up if there were other people who would come regularly. Perhaps you know other investors in St. Joseph that you could invite? Thank you for your interest.

  • Investor · Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 23 votes
    9y
    Jonathan Schneider I may have a couple people interested. It would be nice if we could do something relatively informal to start so it wouldn't take much work. So maybe meet at a coffee shop or a bar/grill where you can actually have a conversation. I went to a REI in Lees Summit that Kim Tucker ran a few weeks ago and I would love it if Saint Joseph had something similar! If we had enough investors/ potential investors, it would be a huge incentive for agents, accountants, lawyers, etc to want to be a part of the meetings. Just some thoughts. Do you have many properties here in St. Joe?
  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    9y

    @Jonathan Schneider, @Tiffany Smith  I may be traveling to St. Joe this month or next, I'd love to meet up.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Gower, MO · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    9y

    @Tiffany Smith, @ Pat Jackson. Sounds good to me. Tiffany, that is almost exactly what I had in mind when I started Tycoon Talk, but I ended up inviting speakers because I thought maybe it would incebtivize more people to come. I just have one property right now, but I should be freed up more financially in a few months and I'll be looking for more.

  • Investor · Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 23 votes
    9y
    Pat Jackson that sounds great. Let me know when you are in town! Maybe the 3 of us and hopefully a few others could meet up and at the least, discuss our goals and experiences. I would be happy to give you some insight on the area as well! Jonathan Schneider we have 2 properties currently and are in the same boat, looking for another in the next month or so.
  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    9y

    @Tiffany Smith, @Jonathan Schneider, I get into St. Joseph on August 24, I leave August 26.  Can you guys meet up for dinner on the 24th or 25th?

  • Investor · Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2016 · 69 posts · 23 votes
    9y
    Pat Jackson , sure we could meet up at restaurant , sounds good. Let me know what works as it gets closer
  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    9y

    @Tiffany Smith, @Jonathan Schneider, I can meet up Thursday or Friday for dinner.  Breakfast could also work Friday or Saturday.  What works for both of you?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Gower, MO · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    9y

     @Pat Jackson, sorry, I will be out of town all of next week.

  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    9y

    @Tiffany Smith, when will work for you?  I get in tomorrow!

  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    9y
    Tiffany Smith Jonathan Schneider , I just got a house under contract. Let's connect!
  • Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    9y

    Please let me know if you start any type of real estate meet up group in stj again. I would be interested.

  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    8y
    Jason Gardner Jonathan Schneider Tiffany Smith , I’m coming to st. Joe october 25-28 to check out the rehab on the house I bought. Let me know if you’d like to connect.
  • Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    @pat Jackson the only time I might be able to meet up is Friday afternoon. Let's talk again that week and see if it's possible. 

  • Olathe, KS · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hi folks,

    I work in St Joe, and am a beginning investor.  Do you guys have any meetups going on?  I am looking at my first deal in St Joe now, and wanting to build network.  I do work long hours, but will take time out to get together.  

  • Olathe, KS · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    @Jonathan Schneider , @Tiffany Smith Either of you still interested in meeting up?

  • Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Originally posted by @Dave Smith:

    Hi folks,

    I work in St Joe, and am a beginning investor.  Do you guys have any meetups going on?  I am looking at my first deal in St Joe now, and wanting to build network.  I do work long hours, but will take time out to get together.  

     I'm a newer agent in St. Joseph and would be interested in meet ups, or possibly even starting one.

  • Pat JacksonPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Reno, NV · Member since 2017 · 284 posts · 137 votes
    8y
    Cody Cochran Dave Smith I live in Reno NV but am investing in saint Joseph. I’m doing a flip right now. I’m very interested in talking to and meeting any real estate investor in St Joseph!
  • Saint Joseph, MO · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Originally posted by @Pat Jackson:

    Cody Cochran Dave Smith

    I live in Reno NV but am investing in saint Joseph. I’m doing a flip right now. I’m very interested in talking to and meeting any real estate investor in St Joseph!

     When are you gonna be in town next? We'll have to set something up!

  • Olathe, KS · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Weekdays after 5pm are good for me.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Gower, MO · Member since 2015 · 96 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @Cody Cochran and @Dave Smith

    I'm looking to reboot this meetup. Just scheduled the first one for 2/24/19. @Pat Jackson just had one here that was great and I'd like to start doing it on a regular basis again

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi, is the meetup still on for 2/24/19? If so where and when. I will be there. I am interested in learning more in the buisness. I will contribute in any way possible. Thanks. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.