New to Real Estate from Kansas City

New to Real Estate from Kansas City

New to Real Estate · Kansas City · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hey Everyone, I’m a resident of KC looking to get started investing in RE. I’ve been reading and learning as much as I can but I feel like it’s time to take some action before I get stuck in this spot forever. I’m 23 y/o and have a reliable job in the aviation industry. I just wanted to make my first post and introduce myself, hopefully to meet some exciting and like-minded people. I’m very willing to learn and help out in any way I can. Shoot me a message if I can be of any help. Thank you for reading.

2Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Steven MayBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 262 posts · 250 votes
4y

Hey Joseph! Awesome to hear - the younger you can get started the better on BP is the best place to learn. I started at 23 myself with a house hack which I’d highly recommend to start with if that’s an option for you. You get to utilize a low down payment and live for free that way while learning everything about home ownership and being a landlord. What part of KC do you live in? Happy to meet and chat strategies 

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Steven MayBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 262 posts · 250 votes
    4y

    Hey Joseph! Awesome to hear - the younger you can get started the better on BP is the best place to learn. I started at 23 myself with a house hack which I’d highly recommend to start with if that’s an option for you. You get to utilize a low down payment and live for free that way while learning everything about home ownership and being a landlord. What part of KC do you live in? Happy to meet and chat strategies 

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 14 votes
    4y

    Hey Joseph! I'm 23 as well and am starting to make oos BRRRR offers in the KCMO area. I currently have 1 house hack and my second deal under contract currently. Nice to meet you!

  • Lender · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 71 votes
    4y

    @Joseph Tamara Hey Joseph I am 22 and closed on a house this year I am currently renovating, cool to see young guys looking to get started, if you want to see what kind of house you can buy right now reach out to me and I can see if you qualify, if not there are lots of other options besides traditional financing, that I or others can tell you about lots of great people to connect with on here

  • Wale LawalBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    4y

    @Joseph Tamara,thank you for that introduction, and welcome to BiggerPockets.

    I hope you continue to learn from everyone on this platform.

    If you have not, great books to read are:

    • Rich Dad, Poor Dad• The Millionaire Next Door• Cash Flow Quadrant • Tax Free Wealth• Set For Life• Rental Property Investing• The Millionaire Real Estate Investor• The REAL Book of Real Estate• So Good They Can’t Ignore You

    You are more than welcome to reach out if you have any questions.

    Good Luck and go make it happen!

  • New to Real Estate · Kansas City · Member since 2021 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    4y

    I appreciate all your replies. I didn’t think I’d get any comments. It’s great to see people willing to help regardless of the situation. I will reach out and share my thoughts and goals. Thanks again!

  • Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2019 · 1 post · 0 votes
    4y

    Hi Joseph, I'm a real estate agent in Kansas City and would love to be a resource if you ever have questions / want another point of view. Best of luck to you as you get started!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    4y

    Welcome.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    4y

    Hey Joseph,

    I am also an investor (based in San Diego) with 4 units in the KC metro. I am always looking to chat about real estate and make new connections. Don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions

    Evan

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.