Has anyone invested with the Real Estate Cowboys?

Has anyone invested with the Real Estate Cowboys?

Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 17 posts · 7 votes

I wanted to know if anyone has invested with Real Estate Cowboys and what your experience has been? Thanks

0Reply
151 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Hawaii and mainland · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 11 votes
5y

I too invested with John Larson of AREI.  Same bad experience.  Took a loss.  Stay as far as you can from him whom I trusted to do the original investment.

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Hi Jonathan, I am looking at a deal with them now, so wondering if you were able to get any information on them. thanks!

  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2009 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    Jennifer I have not! I'm a bit surprised that I can't find anyone who has. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Thanks for replying :) I am surprised too. There's not much info about them online. 

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    @Jennifer Pascon

    That should put up major red flags

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · Cherry Hill, NJ · Member since 2015 · 626 posts · 495 votes
    6y

    Hello all.  Just wondering if either of you went through with the deal @Chris Seveney @Jonathan G. @Jennifer Pascon

  • Rental Property Investor · Frisco, TX · Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    @joe Martella, I did not.. I ended up going with another syndication team

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Jonathan G.:

    I wanted to know if anyone has invested with Real Estate Cowboys and what your experience has been? Thanks

     Never heard of them! What exactly do they do?

  • Property Manager · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2018 · 69 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan G.

    Hi! I invested with them last year. Feel free to message me for more information, but to be frank they just defaulted on their promissory notes to me.

  • Property Manager · Newport Beach, CA · Member since 2018 · 69 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Jennifer Pascon

    Feel free to dm me for more info. I’m currently invested with them.

  • Murray, UT · Member since 2016 · 162 posts · 166 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan G.

    Yea i have heard of them.  I started looking at lending deals with them a few years ago, so i have been getting emails ever since.  Its been interesting to see how rapidly they evolve and change.  At first they were selling turnkey, then promissory notes on new commercial, then notes on growing equipment (for marijuana probably).  I starting closing in on a deal, then backed out.  It just didn't make sense based on what else is available in the market.  Their notes are a lot less secure.  They do offer a higher yield, but if you look at how long your money sits in escrow before it starts to earn interest that higher yield gets zapped pretty quick.

  • Real Estate Broker · Portland, OR · Member since 2019 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y
    Real Estate Cowboys?

    Sounds like a used-car company with ads at 200AM on TV.

  • Mark S.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes
    5y

    I believe that’s John Larson’s group, right?  If so, I met him on a vacation property discovery trip in Belize.  Really nice guy, but not sure I would do business with them.  We found out one of the lead people in the group selling the luxury vacation properties was involved in securities fraud while on the trip.  Needless to say, no investment was made.  It was a fractional ownership play that was supposedly different than owning a timeshare.  I used to listen to the podcast but got tired of the same things being said repeatedly.  I forgot all about them until this popped up in my feed. 

  • Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2013 · 837 posts · 316 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Codi Clausen:

    @Jonathan G.

    Hi! I invested with them last year. Feel free to message me for more information, but to be frank they just defaulted on their promissory notes to me.

    Thanks for sharing your experience.  Did they offer any type of security for the notes that gives you some recourse?  I'll DM you if your prefer.

  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    5y

    @Jonathan G. - If you are considering investing with them MAKE SURE TO RUN A BACKGROUND CHECK ON THEM, DO NOT TAKE SOMEONE ELSES WORD.

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Rental Property Investor · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2016 · 1 post · 0 votes
    5y

    I've done one deal with them. Feel free to PM if you'd like my thoughts.

  • Investor · Cary, NC · Member since 2012 · 214 posts · 194 votes
    5y

    Used to do business under AREI business name, stay far away from this group.

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2013 · 23 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    It's hard to know where Real Estate Cowboys ends and AREI begins.  Please see my post about AREI by searching: 

    AREI - avoid this company!
  • Rental Property Investor · Hawaii and mainland · Member since 2013 · 15 posts · 11 votes
    5y

    I too invested with John Larson of AREI.  Same bad experience.  Took a loss.  Stay as far as you can from him whom I trusted to do the original investment.

  • Rental Property Investor · San Jose, CA · Member since 2015 · 13 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Echoing other statements here.  Also took a loss.

  • Investor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    Mark S from Kentucky--would you be willing to share a little more about the securities fraud going on w John Larson's group? There are many many investors involved w various projects w John Larson who have banded together to try to recoup our money, and some legal action is involved. Knowing more about this would be extremely helpful!

  • Mark S.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes
    5y

    @Lynn Quire, all I know is what came up in a Google search about Keener.  Another investor mentioned something about him and I Googled to find out more. 

  • Investor · Longmont, CO · Member since 2017 · 8 posts · 8 votes
    5y

    thank you

  • Member since 2021 · 61 posts · 75 votes
    5y

    There is a group of about 50+ investors all that lost money with this group lending money towards various projects along with some of their properties.  They caused a lot of hurt for many people who invested with them that have not been paid back.  I encourage anyone that is in a similar position to post your experience so we can collectively come up with a solution.

  • Rental Property Investor · Eastchester, NY · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan G. Do not walk, but run away. Sooner or later, those affiliated with this group will wind up in jail. They organized separate developments as syndicators and the money was mismanaged, commingled with other projects, or simply disappeared. Their M.O. was to publicize their results to get new investors. Those new investors didn’t know each other and when individuals questioned, they ran all sorts of excuses as to where payments were and what was happening with the sale of projects. Fortunately, a group of investors that I am associated with started to rally together to connect members. (Some of which have posted). We are currently involved in litigation.

    Often times, buildings were sold at below market price. Can’t imagine why in one of the hottest markets, real estate would be sold below market value. Also neglected to pay property taxes on projects. The names to look out for, James & Tyler Wine, John Larson, Taylor Glasgow, AREI, Real estate cowboys.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    Hey all - A little late to the game but I am part of this defrauded group who has been lied to / scammed the past 18+ months. If someone could connect me with the litigation team / contact that'd be tremendously appreciated.  Thank you!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.