Mature Florida Tax Liens

Mature Florida Tax Liens

Lender · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2010 · 26 posts · 0 votes

Can someone tell me if the process is the same for Florida on mature tax liens as it is for Florida?  Thank you!

0Reply
77 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
11y

If you hold a tax lien certificate in FL, you have no more rights to the property than any other person if it goes to auction. Up until the funds are actually tendered from an auction sale, the owner of the property can redeem by paying the amounts owed. This can literally be minutes before a successful bidder arrives to pay the winning auction bid.   I considered tax lien investing locally but saw the returns bid down so low I felt it wasn't worth tying up the money. If you hold a tax lien in a state where YOU can get the property that sounds like it has a lot more profit potential. Tax lien certificates are not an equity position in ownership, but rather simply a lien against the property for taxes only.

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lender · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2010 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thanks Lynn, Actually, I have two mature ones there right now.  

  • Lender · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2010 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Parcel 02-1380-000 Address 300 Washburn St. Pensacola, FL

    Parcel 04-0972-500 1600 Kemt rd. (house trailer on it) Pensacola, FL

  • Lender · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2010 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Lynn, Can you tell me the fee amount for filing one application or anything else that will be helpful?  Thanks

  • Real Estate Professional · Shalimar, FL · Member since 2009 · 117 posts · 6 votes
    11y

    I'll do some research on those properties tomorrow.

    The last time I filed a TDF application, between what I had to pay the Tax Collector's Office, and the Clerk of Court's Office, I had to pay around $800 total.  Part of that was having to pay off some other Tax Lien Certificates that I didn't own.  

    I should be able to find out how many other certificates are outstanding, and about what it will take to pay them off.

  • Lender · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2010 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thank you!  There is a trailer on that last one on Kemt but it looks like it's a very old one.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2008 · 132 posts · 32 votes
    11y

    Hello Kim,

    Here is a Florida Tax Sale URL that should hopefully help you with respect to the TDF in Florida. http://www.broward.org/RECORDSTAXESTREASURY/FREQUE...

    Much Success As You Invest!

  • Lender · Palm Springs, CA · Member since 2010 · 26 posts · 0 votes
    11y

    Thank you! Looking forward to learning from everyone here. I am trying to find out if there is a better way to go about purchasing them from within an IRA like Donald Trump taught me through a free webinar. I couldn't take his classes so I never learned how to do it the right way (sorry to say). If anyone can help me with any of it I will be grateful. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.