Tax Lien Investors in Washington DC

Most Popular Reply

Ned CareyPro Member
Moderator
Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
3y

@Zhe Xu what interest rate did you bid it to?

I live in MD but I do not bid in DC as my understanding is there is no money to be made in buying the lien. You only get the interest and rates get bid down pretty low.


Ned

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Washington DC · Member since 2016 · 847 posts · 654 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Zhe Xu:

    Hi, I am recently into Tax Lien investing in Washington DC, is there anyone investing in Tax Liens in DC? Would love to chat! 

    @nedcarey would probably be the guy to ask.
  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Thank you Jack!!! Appreciate you replying to me.

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    @Zhe Xu what interest rate did you bid it to?

    I live in MD but I do not bid in DC as my understanding is there is no money to be made in buying the lien. You only get the interest and rates get bid down pretty low.


    Ned

  • Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Hi @Ned Carey, I haven't bid yet. Just wanted to understand how it works. 

    Thank you for letting me know. Do you invest in tax liens in MD?

  • Ned CareyPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    3y

    @Zhe Xu  Yes I invest in MD tax liens. Interest rates get bid down to approximately 4%.  While certain properties will go for the full interest rate it is rare for a property worth owning. The vast majority of liens go for 2-6% interest. That may change now that we are in a rising interest rate environment. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.