Looking for a Louisville SFH suitable for BRRR

Looking for a Louisville SFH suitable for BRRR

Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes

Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and to the real estate world, but I'm a Louisville native. I have some cash and I am looking for my first BRRR purchase in Louisville. If you'd like to work together now or in the future, please introduce yourself! I'm solid from a financial analysis standpoint, but am lacking in contacts for deal flow. I do have a couple of potential contractors, but am open to having backups.

I prefer to stay in the following areas for the time being: Germantown, Schnitzelburg, Merriwether, Paristown Pointe, certain areas of Smoketown, the Highlands, St. Matthews, Jtown, and possibly Oldham County. Open to other areas, but these are preferred. Just to give some context, I'm looking at an all-in price-point of $100k or less if possible (I know that's somewhat of a tall order for the areas in which I'm looking), but might be able to partner up or swing a bit more for the right deal. Any thoughts or beginner tips that are Louisville-specific would be appreciated.

The economy feels as though it's teetering at this point. Is anyone being extra cautious about their purchases now, or am I the only one that feels this way?

Thanks!

2Reply
23 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 183 posts · 188 votes
7y

Hey @Patrick Kinsella! 

Based on your criteria, I would recommend reaching out to @Rob BergeronHe's an investor friendly real estate agent in town who consistently sources deals for investors looking to flip and/or BRRRR a property. May be worth reaching out to get on his investor email list. Good luck on your real estate investment journey!

All the best,

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 183 posts · 188 votes
    7y

    Hey @Patrick Kinsella! 

    Based on your criteria, I would recommend reaching out to @Rob BergeronHe's an investor friendly real estate agent in town who consistently sources deals for investors looking to flip and/or BRRRR a property. May be worth reaching out to get on his investor email list. Good luck on your real estate investment journey!

    All the best,

  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Raphael Collazo

    He's on top of it and already connected with me on here!

  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2018 · 66 posts · 39 votes
    7y

    @Patrick Kinsella welcome to BP! It sounds like your on the right track by identifying your price point and areas of town you are interested in.

    I am a local investor and Realtor so would love to connect sometime, maybe over coffee, and bounce some ideas around.

  • Elizabethtown KY · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    I get the daily KREIA email where they post off-market deals, and there was a 2/1 in Smoketown that the numbers I ran looked decent on as a 3/1, I'm just unsure of the area (and a noob that's nervous about messing up his first buy).

    Not sure what the board rules are on posting links, so I'm gonna err on the side of caution and not post it. But, if you sign up for their newsletter, you should get a daily email of properties their members list.

    Good luck with your search. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    Thanks @Tyler Bodi. We may have to do that sometime.

    Thanks for the heads-up @Andy Edge. Sounds like I need to look into KREIA.

  • Real Estate Agent · Louisville, KY · Member since 2016 · 183 posts · 188 votes
    7y

    @Patrick Kinsella

    I second Andy's recommendation of KRIEA. It's an awesome organization that provides a ton of great resources to it's members. Also, @Luke Neubauer and I host a free monthly meetup at the Manhattan Project on Frankfort ave. As part of the meetup, we invite speakers to talk about topics related to real estate investment. We usually have a great mix of beginner and experienced investors who attend. Our next meetup is tomorrow and it may be a great opportunity for you to make some connections with people in the area who are making moves. 

    All the best,

  • John RooneyPro Member
    Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    As an out of state investor looking to BRRRR properties in Louisville, would it still be recommended to sign up/join KREIA?

  • Elizabethtown KY · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 26 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @John Rooney:

    As an out of state investor looking to BRRRR properties in Louisville, would it still be recommended to sign up/join KREIA?

    Just to get the email listings, I'd recommend it. Some of the deals they list are off market ones you won't see with the usual MLS sites.

  • John RooneyPro Member
    Investor · Louisville, KY · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 5 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Andy Edge:
    Originally posted by @John Rooney:

    As an out of state investor looking to BRRRR properties in Louisville, would it still be recommended to sign up/join KREIA?

    Just to get the email listings, I'd recommend it. Some of the deals they list are off market ones you won't see with the usual MLS sites.

     Thanks for the recommendation, Andy.  I'll sign up for KRIEA asap!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.