Craziest thing you have found during a remodel

Craziest thing you have found during a remodel

Washington, IN · Member since 2015 · 78 posts · 46 votes

As the subject line says, what have you found during your remodel.  Mine has to be working on an old huge brick plantation style house.  This house had tunnels underground that led to different small buildings around the property, that was interesting but not the story I wanted to share about this home.  So we were going to add a sun room off the side of the house, problem was when I was in the basement measuring where to punch the mechanicals through we kept coming up 10' short of the outside foundation at ground level.  Come to find out it was a false wall, so we punched a hole through it and in the center of the room was a coffin with a certain symbol carved in the top of it, I will leave out the symbol for sake of causing arguments.  There was Wiccan artifacts on shelves all around the false wall as well.  Nothing was in the coffin, (thank goodness!) and it got donated to a local museum.  Even stranger, when we went to dig the footers for the addition we found hundreds of animal skeletons (sacrifices)  Needless to say, I couldn't wait to get that job done and get out of there.  

2Reply
26 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Aaron SchraderBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · SD · Member since 2020 · 137 posts · 65 votes
    5y

    Uhhhhhhh...... that is a crazy story.  I was going to say my rental house I'm working on now is 118 years old, and I was under it doing some work and there was a pair of the old style women's boots, black in color, with many many eyelets to lace them up.  Tight quarters and they were by my face when I pulled them out and I thought "Sure hope there aren't feet in here!"  But your story is way more wild!  I'd love to hear more of the details!

  • Bruce WoodruffPro Member
    Contractor/Investor/Consultant · San Diego / Phoenix · Member since 2021 · 12k+ posts · 15k+ votes
    5y

    @Jordan B. That's gonna be tough to beat! I had a similar story digging footings on an old house, when the guys found a bunch of bones. Large ones. I stopped work and called the cops. They came but weren't too interested, took some samples and said keep digging.....

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.