What color flooring do you like in your rentals?

What color flooring do you like in your rentals?

Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 100 posts · 48 votes

I will soon be installing Vinyl Wood Plank flooring through out my whole next rental property. And I really like the look of darker color floors similar to this:

Ive read reviews that the darker the floor, the more blemishes, scratches and dust that it shows.

What color flooring do you guys put in your rentals? I'd like to make mine look similar to the picture above. That actually is also vinyl wook planks in that pic.

0Reply
81 views

Most Popular Reply

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
13y

We're going with a very similar look in our units when the floor needs to be redone. Dark floors with light color walls. Makes the rooms feel bigger. If you're going to install new floors and worried about scratches and dents check out fossilized strand bamboo flooring. Its harder than Ipe. Perfect for rental units if you ask me.

http://www.calibamboo.com/bamboo-flooring-fossilized-java.html

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    13y

    We're going with a very similar look in our units when the floor needs to be redone. Dark floors with light color walls. Makes the rooms feel bigger. If you're going to install new floors and worried about scratches and dents check out fossilized strand bamboo flooring. Its harder than Ipe. Perfect for rental units if you ask me.

    http://www.calibamboo.com/bamboo-flooring-fossilized-java.html

  • SFR Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2012 · 285 posts · 83 votes
    13y

    If I don't have hardwood floors, I use tile, it lasts longer, easier to clean, and water doesn't make it expand.

    #JackBobeck

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2012 · 19 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    I'm a sucker for all tile threw out.

  • Real Estate Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2008 · 193 posts · 46 votes
    13y

    We typically do a lighter color (ex. pine) laminate floor with a cream color wall and white trim.

  • Investor · Near San Diego, CA · Member since 2012 · 176 posts · 96 votes
    13y

    We like a neutral tile. We have a good tile guy.

  • Homeowner · Lodi, CA · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 1 vote
    13y

    We currently have a color similar to this in our condo, but slightly darker yet. As much as I like the looks, it certainly does reveal dust and blemishes easier.

    Here's a scheme I really like, and want to try because it gives a dark modern look while most likely hiding some small particulate a little better.

    This stuff is pricey, though. I've only seen it at Home Depot, made by Bruce. At about $3/sq.ft. it's too expensive for a flip or rental IMO.

  • Rental Property Investor · Upstate, NY · Member since 2012 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    13y

    I liked this flooring we got @ auction but the walls are only in primer.

    (The tenants went with grey walls @ their expense).

    The lighter color floors wash out depending on the o/all color scheme.

    ps as matt said every mark will show

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.