How much profit are you guys looking to make on flips?

How much profit are you guys looking to make on flips?

Rental Property Investor · Jax Bch, FL · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes

Hey guys, I’m out in the jax Fl area. I was wondering what’s a rough estimate on how much profit you guys are looking to make on flips.

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Bryan, TX · Member since 2014 · 258 posts · 170 votes
5y

Minimum is $30,000 target is $50,000 and the house has to at least breakeven in the event we cannot sell it and have to rent it. 

See this reply in the discussion

11 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2020 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    5y

    @Elvis Briseno, I don't flip in JAX, but I want a minimum profit of $30k or about 20% of investment.  Meaning if my all in cost is $100k (hasn't been this low in a long time) I want to make at least $30k.  If my all in is $200k, I want to make $40k (20%).

    The $30k minimum is because things always come up in rehabs, and spending an extra $10k above my buffered budget, is no uncommon, and then I still make some money.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jax Bch, FL · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Evan Polaski

    Thank you, I’ve gotten told some are up to 30% and some as low as 10%

  • Rental Property Investor · Surprise, AZ · Member since 2020 · 405 posts · 179 votes
    5y

    @Elvis Briseno

    My minimum is also $30k. A lot of flippers will calculate the price they will pay for a house as 70% of ARV - rehab cost = purchase price

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Bryan, TX · Member since 2014 · 258 posts · 170 votes
    5y

    Minimum is $30,000 target is $50,000 and the house has to at least breakeven in the event we cannot sell it and have to rent it. 

  • Ian WalshBusiness Member
    Lender · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    Most deals I see target 10% on the low end to 30% on the high end.

  • Matthew CrivelliBusiness Member
    Lender · MA · Member since 2021 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    So at least 25%.

    You have to Pay the Lender

    You have to pay the agent/ broker

    Costs of just owning the property

    If you end up in a house with little room for profit you open up in a room of loss.

    Freedom Capital Funding, LLC523 Reviews
  • Investor · Smith County, TX · Member since 2021 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    My minimum is $30k but my target is $50k. The flip I'm working on selling right now is what I consider a "slam dunk" and I'm profiting $65k before taxes. I try to buy at $100k or below and sell at around $180k-$200k.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Cody Rosenbalm What market are you in?

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    5y

    @Elvis Briseno I flip in Atlanta, but for me it depends on the purchase price and loan I’m getting. If it’s under $150k, I aim for $20k CONSERVATIVELY. $150 - $250 I like to aim for at least $30k. I don’t buy anything above that (at least I haven’t yet!)

    I also aim to get loans for the full purchase price, so I pay a good but in interest but I’m okay with that if I don’t have to come out of pocket very much.

  • Rental Property Investor · Jax Bch, FL · Member since 2020 · 11 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    @Mark Phillips I’m in Jacksonville Fl. I’m just trying to get a feel on what I should be aiming for

  • Member since 2020 · 36 posts · 33 votes
    5y

    We use a slightly different viewpoint for profit. We look for a flip to allow us to at least double the property purchases. Eg we sell one to buy two or three more. This normally equates to making 30-45k on each flip. 

    The percentage is usually 30-40% of the sale price, which is right around 100% of my invested money. 
    - Dan 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.