The Paint on the Wood Siding looks not good! Need help.

The Paint on the Wood Siding looks not good! Need help.

Investor · Las Vegas & British Columbia · Member since 2016 · 96 posts · 21 votes

It's wood siding. The painters were a little quick to hop on before the carpenters did some fixing of some of the siding, but I figured if they wanted to get the first coat on, what's the problem there. 

It's turning out horribly. 

First this is what I was going for:

THIS IS WHAT I PICKED

THIS IS HOW IT TURNED OUT, AND I'M LIKE NOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooOOOOOO

THIS IS WHAT I WENT BACK AND PICKED FOR A SECOND TIME.

THE LEFT IS THE SAMPLE OF THE SECOND PICK

THIS IS HOW IT TURNED OUT. 

So, as you can see, it's not turning out well. There's a few things to unpack here. 

1. The siding wood grain is popping through. Will that go away with coat 3 or 4? Will it go away with a darker colour? 

2. I know the trim and facia havne't been painted white yet, but will that help make it look better? 

3. Was considering adding a belly board just to split it up. 

4. Any advice appreciated. 

0Reply
20 views

1 Reply

Jump to latestLatest
  • Deland, FL · Member since 2017 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    What was wrong with the first color?

    Is it possible you are being overly concerned?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.