Do you consider brand names when buying appliances?

Do you consider brand names when buying appliances?

Real Estate Investor · Woodlands, Manitoba · Member since 2011 · 46 posts · 11 votes

I am currently working on a new flip project and I've been thinking about which appliances to choose. We're going to use entry level stainless steel appliances without all the bells and whistles. Does anyone consider the brand name when choosing appliances for your flips? I guess the real question at hand here is does it matter to the end buyer. What are some of your thoughts and experiences?

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Northeast, OH · Member since 2012 · 239 posts · 106 votes
13y

Would certainly depend on the price-point of the property you are flipping. A higher end buyer would expect higher end appliances.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 73 posts · 2 votes
    13y

    Brand is irrelevant. I find that Frigidare appliances are usually the cheapest when it comes to stainless steel.

  • Investor · Northeast, OH · Member since 2012 · 239 posts · 106 votes
    13y

    Would certainly depend on the price-point of the property you are flipping. A higher end buyer would expect higher end appliances.

  • Real Estate Investor · Woodlands, Manitoba · Member since 2011 · 46 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    We're definitely not in the higher end market on this one. Frigidaire and Amana seem to be the cheaper ones that I've come across. I figure that any buyer will be more impressed by seeing stainless steel and would not be turned off by the brand.

  • Rehabber / Flipper · Simi Valley, CA · Member since 2010 · 597 posts · 259 votes
    13y

    For our lower end remodels, brand is less important. We typically use GE, Frigidaire, or Whirlpool, in stainless or faux stainless.

  • Investor · Canton-Akron, OH · Member since 2012 · 917 posts · 477 votes
    13y

    We typically use fridgedaire because of price, most people in the under 150,000 range in this area are just happy to have stainless.

    We have two 200,000-300,000 rehabs coming up that I may upgrade a bit. I think as sam w. mentioned, higher end homes probably dont want to use the cheapest fridgedaires.

  • Real Estate Investor · Woodlands, Manitoba · Member since 2011 · 46 posts · 11 votes
    13y

    Thanks for the input everyone.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.