Hi guys. I am a 17 year old student. I would like some assistance

Hi guys. I am a 17 year old student. I would like some assistance

Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Hi everyone, I am based in South Wales. I am extremely eager to get into real estate and property investing. Can someone give me some assistance and more of an insight please? I can possibly have access to a certain amount of money but it will be more of a refurb budget. Therefore I am going to begin with doing assisted sales, then once enough capital is raised, move onto doing quite a few flips and then invest some of that money into owning rental property using the BRRRR strategy. Is there any strategy or something you should follow when doing property flips? Also, with both flips and rentals, is it best to buy with cash or private lender/mortgage? When doing BRRRR, when refinancing, can you take out the equity that would result in profit straight into your pocket, or should you leave it in the property? I will be very grateful if someone could get in contact with me.

0Reply
5 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Specialist · Plano, TX · Member since 2020 · 2k+ posts · 861 votes
    6y

    I love how eager you are to learn, and how early you have started to seek advice. Keep up the drive and your goals will be met in no time :) 

  • Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Iwan Rhys Williams:

    Hi everyone, I am based in South Wales. I am extremely eager to get into real estate and property investing. Can someone give me some assistance and more of an insight please? I can possibly have access to a certain amount of money but it will be more of a refurb budget. Therefore I am going to begin with doing assisted sales, then once enough capital is raised, move onto doing quite a few flips and then invest some of that money into owning rental property using the BRRRR strategy. Is there any strategy or something you should follow when doing property flips? Also, with both flips and rentals, is it best to buy with cash or private lender/mortgage? When doing BRRRR, when refinancing, can you take out the equity that would result in profit straight into your pocket, or should you leave it in the property? I will be very grateful if someone could get in contact with me.

    The first step is to learn your market. You want to become an expert on what is selling where and what the values are and how to maximize the renovation budget to value so you do not overspend.

    You can learn a ton networking with investors and property agents in your market.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.