C Neighborhood Rental Flooring Idea's and Cost's

C Neighborhood Rental Flooring Idea's and Cost's

Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

Hi Fellow BP folks,

I just started to invest in C to C- neighborhoods in Wayne County, Michigan. I wanted to know what many of you all use for flooring? Looking for ideas and flooring that is durable that could withstand rougher tenants and is cost effective. Currently many of my properties have carpet in the bedrooms and hallways I am looking to put something in that wouldn't require me to replace every year or after every tenant (like carpet). If you guys have links to something at home depot that would be great. Also what are you all paying for install in your areas. I was hoping people could give ideas on a round number say 1000 sqft. Cost of material? Cost of labor? in your area. Thanks for all the suggestions in advance!  

0Reply
29 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

@Erfan Haroon, we just got a quote for "Tarkett 'NuGen' SPC Plank" at $2.05/sq ft. Now that was pallet pricing on 15k sq ft, but I bet you can find it for $3-4/sq ft. Call around to your local flooring places.

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Erfan Haroon, we just got a quote for "Tarkett 'NuGen' SPC Plank" at $2.05/sq ft. Now that was pallet pricing on 15k sq ft, but I bet you can find it for $3-4/sq ft. Call around to your local flooring places.

  • Rental Property Investor · Phila, PA · Member since 2015 · 276 posts · 111 votes
    6y

    I picked up some Luxury vinyl tile from Home Depot when I updated.  It’s pretty popular for flips and has held up well for the 3 years it’s been installed.  It’s a DIY product

  • Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Erfan Haroon

    For a possible war zone like that id be tempted to look for a good auction mart / reseller and buy a pallet or two of vinyl plank in the best colour you can find.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.