Skip to content
Pro Members Get Full Access
Succeed in real estate investing with proven toolkits that have helped thousands of aspiring and existing investors achieve financial freedom.
$0 TODAY
$32.50/month, billed annually after your 7-day trial.
Cancel anytime
Find the right properties and ace your analysis
Market Finder with key investor metrics for all US markets, plus a list of recommended markets.
Deal Finder with investor-focused filters and notifications for new properties
Unlimited access to 9+ rental analysis calculators and rent estimator tools
Off-market deal finding software from Invelo ($638 value)
Supercharge your network
Pro profile badge
Pro exclusive community forums and threads
Build your landlord command center
All-in-one property management software from RentRedi ($240 value)
Portfolio monitoring and accounting from Stessa
Lawyer-approved lease agreement packages for all 50-states ($4,950 value) *annual subscribers only
Shortcut the learning curve
Live Q&A sessions with experts
Webinar replay archive
50% off investing courses ($290 value)
Already a Pro Member? Sign in here
Rehabbing & House Flipping

User Stats

Votes
Brian Ward
Votes |
LSF8 Master Participation Trust ?

Brian Ward
Posted Jun 24 2019, 20:38

I was driving for dollars and I passed a distressed property. The house looked vacant and the lawn looks like it hadn’t been cut in years. I wrote down the address went home and pulled up the city tax assessors website to do a property search. This revealed the owner names as LSF8 Master Participation Trust. Could anyone please tell me what this is and how I could take it further to find the owners ?

User Stats

Votes
John B.
Votes |

Hi Brian, 

I know it's been a year or more, but wanted to drop my two cents in here for you.

LSF8 Master Participation Trust is a sham. It does not actually own anything. It is merely a participation entity, if you research 'participation agreements' you will get the idea. Supposedly, these mortgages were actually bought by a company called "LSF8 Mortgage Holdings, LLC" but even that is in question at this point.

If you were to contact that "trust", you would be directed to Caliber Home Loans, which is supposedly the servicer for that trust.  How convenient, all of the entities that are supposedly involved in this with the exception of the named trustee (US Bank Trust) are owned by the same company--Lone Star Funds.  Lone Star has been buying up tons of delinquent mortgages and distressed properties all over the country.  Caliber Home Loans is the "servicer" for this racket.  You would have more fun performing your own open heart surgery than you would dealing with Caliber.  I would know, I've been dealing with them for 7 years now.  The funny thing is, even Caliber itself cannot tell me who actually "owns" the note.  They've told me a bunch of different companies and trusts, the answer keeps changing.  

Consider the property you're interested in.  If they cannot send someone to even cut the grass, then chances are they aren't paying the property taxes on the property either.  In my case, I own a property that they keep trying to bill me for things like grass cutting and trimming shrubs--they claim they are sending property preservation folks to my house often.  But I have someone else already cutting that grass--with photos for proof of before and after every time he cuts.  And I don't even have a single shrub on the property.  They keep trying to charge me hundreds of dollars--this is now the third company they have hired in recent years to do this.  And it's also now the third time I can prove that they are billing me for work they are not actually even performing.  Four days after my lawn service cut the grass in January, they claimed that they showed up and cut the grass.  Four days.....in the winter, when grass down here does not grow enough to cut in two weeks.  Both other times, I caught the company actually admitting that the charges were for work supposedly performed at a different house, that "somehow" got attached to my property.  

This company is a scam, it is nothing but bad news.  I would not go anywhere near a property they claim to own.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 11 2024, 23:06

I owned my home for 20 years, lsf8 master participation trust, caliber home loans and us bank na stole my home with no right to the note. They also took everything I owned in it. Had me arrested trying to make me miss a court date when I fought them up to the supreme Court. They forged documents, have the assessor for king county as one of their CEOs (my property was in Clark county WA but my property title was changed in King county WA where he WAS the assessor) hsbc had to pay me and countless others for bad foreclosure practices and that caused them to go bankrupt and my loan was floating and I essentially owned home free and clear due to terms of the contract stating that if loan was to be sold that hsbc my husband and I and the new proposed lender had to all meet in person and sign new paperwork permitting the transfer of the loan which never happened. Caliber started picked up the loan and it was sold into this lsf8 master participation trust as a security trust services by them even though it showed security trust was closed for almost three years when my loan, being the only one ever to be able to be out into a security trust AFTER it closed because it cannot be done, and they are the most unscrupulous bunch of thieves ever seen. Us bank played trustee and guarantor in sham of a foreclosure where they could not prove they were a PETE  and had been hit with their 4 the ftc sanction FOR stealing homes, used hole in the wall attorneys in Bellingham using typos in name and address to not get flagged for too many foreclosure by the courts, Windermere stellar real estate who say outside of my home waiting to lock me out despite supreme court stay on their theft, judge Lewis who signed every Forged/inaccurate/misleading  paper they put through AND denied my restraining order of the real estate company staying called them to see if they were harassing me and they Said no so denied temp and all together day in court altogether plus put a no Bail hold on me after looking my arrest for trespassing even though was taken out of his jurisdiction and in federal court staying paperwork not filed correctly then laughing saying I didn't know why You're here is in supreme court when I got out of jail and made it to court hearing, the assessor for king county who was on third foreclosure company because feds kept shutting them down so opened new one in different name, every process server was at least 200 miles from me and each one different for each document never served to me but judge Lewis signed them anyways(one was supposedly served to me 3 months before case was even filed), Vancouver Police department who had no jurisdiction on the civil matter that arrested me and gave my house keys to the realtor that was sitting outside waiting, and finally to the site veteran that they used to sign in all three places to transfer title and get veterans protection for title after 2 illegal auctions, one public one private, where they were only bidders and opening bid was above value of house, paperwork stated was bought by lsf8 AGAIN!!! 

A sham is not an accurate description for what it is. They took everything from me and I can't find attorney to sue them because they are all afraid to go against them. There is so much evidence against all of them. If anyone has any interest in helping me out others that have had this happen to them please let me know. 

do not deal with lsf8 , caliber or us bank na on ANYTHING. 

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.