New to Real Estate · McAllen, TX · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 7 votes
Question: How could this properties physical location on its lot affect the ARV/Curbside appeal/ability to resell the property?
Background: I am currently looking at evaluating and possibly placing an offer on a distressed property in a small town in SE Texas. The property is physically located in-between and behind two other homes. I provided a geometric drawing of the lot and surrounding lots to provide a visual. The blue rectangle is the property in question and the gray is the street. It is approximately 20 yds from the street to the front of the residence, the area leading to it being the driveway.
I don't have any worries at this time concerning the rehab, however I have never seen how this layout could affect the above metrics.
Surveyor · Dothan, AL · Member since 2014 · 425 posts · 391 votes
7y
This looks like it may have been a mother in law suite. You need to make sure this lot was subdivided legally and doesn't violate and setback lines. Otherwise you could be buying a tear down. The tight lot may turn off a few buyers, so prepare to hold it longer than you think. Good luck.
Clint