When DIY goes VERY VERY VERY wrong -BEST CAPTION CONTEST-

When DIY goes VERY VERY VERY wrong -BEST CAPTION CONTEST-

Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes

One of my lender buddies drove past this abomination today. I don't even know what to say about it lol. Literally no words for this one.

Let's see who's got the best caption for this photo. The winner is going to get a shout out from me in one of my next videos. 

0Reply
69 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Eugene, OR · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 20 votes
7y

“No seriously I read it on bigger pockets... to increase your cash flow just add another door”!

See this reply in the discussion

44 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Ned J.Pro Member
    Investor · Manteca, CA · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    I got 2 doors in my portfolio, how about you?

  • Braselton, GA · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    To my REI partner, "See! Now we will only have to change the one lock when the tenant doesn't renew."

  • Norcross, GA · Member since 2014 · 54 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    Help save energy, be sure to close door completely

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 95 votes
    7y

    She wanted me to carry her over the threshold, & I wasn't confident about the stairs.

  • Lagrangeville, NY · Member since 2017 · 144 posts · 218 votes
    7y

    Apartment for rent-  Come check out this diamond in the rough.     House is in a beautifully gated community in walking distance to the local methadone clinic.    Apartment includes access to a beautifully landscaped yard where some previous families used as the backdrop to there wedding pictures.  This is going to rent fast so sell off the rest of your stash and bring on over that deposit.  

  • Contractor · Canton, GA · Member since 2015 · 107 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    When 1 door opens ....another closes!

  • Rental Property Investor · TN · Member since 2018 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    7y

    "I told ya not ta sell drugs from my house.  The govnmt will seize my house!"

    "Granny, I ain't sellin' from the house!  I sellin' from the street.  Its real secure, real safe."

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Hank Sacco:

    Help save energy, be sure to close door completely

     To piggy back off of that

    "Gary shut the door, we aren't heating the outside."

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jim K.:

    "With two doors to go through before the cops get to us, we'll have plenty of time to flush the stash."

     This one is in the running for the winner..............Anyone else have something that can top this?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y

    JIm.. I don't have anything cute to say.. but in Charleston SC houses are built that way in the old days on purpose.

    if that outer door was open then the folks living there were OK with guests coming or if it was closed.. stay away.

    that outer door leads to the porch then on the side porch is the front door.. its really cool actually.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    JIm.. I don't have anything cute to say.. but in Charleston SC houses are built that way in the old days on purpose.

    if that outer door was open then the folks living there were OK with guests coming or if it was closed.. stay away.

    that outer door leads to the porch then on the side porch is the front door.. its really cool actually.

     Are these enclosed porches or non enclosed?

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @James Wise:
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:

    JIm.. I don't have anything cute to say.. but in Charleston SC houses are built that way in the old days on purpose.

    if that outer door was open then the folks living there were OK with guests coming or if it was closed.. stay away.

    that outer door leads to the porch then on the side porch is the front door.. its really cool actually.

     Are these enclosed porches or non enclosed?

     they are open porchs the run on side of house from front to back and usually on ground level and the second story.. they are cool.

    we build knew and use a lot of that old world as well.

    In addition they were built like that to take advantage of the prevailing breeze's pre airconditioning.

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 380 posts · 157 votes
    7y

    I think this is what Jay is talking about.  The porch/veranda is open down the drive side of the house but has a door to the street.   Maybe that's what the folks in the original post were trying to replicate?  Classy!  :-D

    This is the Charleston single house which is common in historic Charleston.

  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @John Semanchuk:

    I think this is what Jay is talking about.  The porch/veranda is open down the drive side of the house but has a door to the street.   Maybe that's what the folks in the original post were trying to replicate?  Classy!  :-D

    This is the Charleston single house which is common in historic Charleston.

     thanks john appreciate it exactly what I was trying to describe.. little difference though I price point I suspect Jims subject was a d30 to 50k home and I suspect this one is 1.5 to 2 million.. location location location right. 

  • Charleston, SC · Member since 2013 · 380 posts · 157 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jay Hinrichs:
    Originally posted by @John Semanchuk:

    I think this is what Jay is talking about.  The porch/veranda is open down the drive side of the house but has a door to the street.   Maybe that's what the folks in the original post were trying to replicate?  Classy!  :-D

    This is the Charleston single house which is common in historic Charleston.

     thanks john appreciate it exactly what I was trying to describe.. little difference though I price point I suspect Jims subject was a d30 to 50k home and I suspect this one is 1.5 to 2 million.. location location location right. 

     Yep. Cleveland vs Charleston?  No contest.  Notice the frozen water on the ground in Jim's pic... oh the horror!   ;-)

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    7y

    @John Semanchuk @Jay Hinrichs

    Yea that does look pretty elegant. The comparison of the two is almost like a who wore it better fail, lol.

  • Rental Property Investor · Cumberland, MD · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    It's a Cleveland thing!

  • Lititz, PA · Member since 2013 · 595 posts · 272 votes
    7y

    "Did I hear someone knocking on the front door"?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.