How are people getting funding for flooded properties in Houston.

How are people getting funding for flooded properties in Houston.

Real Estate Broker in Clear Lake, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 9 votes

Been working with several investors on flipping houses in the Houston/Dickinson Area where flooding was bad durring Harvey.  There have been a lot of opportunities and I would like to flip one on my own but having issues with conventional financing on flooded homes.  Any suggestions on what the best way to finance one of these flips might be?

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris MasonPro Member
    Moderator
    Lender · CA · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Daniel Showman:

    Been working with several investors on flipping houses in the Houston/Dickinson Area where flooding was bad durring Harvey.  There have been a lot of opportunities and I would like to flip one on my own but having issues with conventional financing on flooded homes.  Any suggestions on what the best way to finance one of these flips might be?

     I've been assuming folks are using Fannie Home Style? It's a reno mortgage like 203k, but for SFRs it'll go for investment properties. I'm not in that market, so that's speculation and/or what I'd be looking into.

  • Real Estate Broker in Clear Lake, TX · Member since 2018 · 20 posts · 9 votes
    8y
    most of the investors I have seen are doing all cash purchases, which is great when your luquid but not the best option for me right now.
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.