Carolina · Member since 2017 · 519 posts · 222 votes
Howdy everyone!
I am in need of private or hard money lending for my first flip. Being my first flip, I have never used a hard money or private money lender before. There are SO many hard money lenders out there. I know some must be much better than others.
I will, of course, do my due diligence on lenders but was curious if people here could lend me some advice on any lenders they have used that really worked out for them? Lenders that work with new investors?
I really appreciate any help. I work upwards of 80 hours per week so any help I can get on something like this to just at least narrow down the field REALLY helps me. Then I can do my due diligence on that select few.
Investor · Sarasota, FL · Member since 2008 · 17k+ posts · 17k+ votes
9y
Visit some local real estate investor meetups or REIAs and start to network. This type of lending is almost exclusively local, and it's unlikely that 99% of us here will be able to provide any useful info about your local lenders.
There is none of that around my area sadly. Closest one is 2 hours away. So all the hard money lenders online are no good?
That is not what he was saying, but if you have some lenders on line that are in your state, send them a spec sheet of your proposed investment and see what they can offer, what terms, what rates, what fees, etc.
Building a private money investor network is also key. This is accomplished by starting with people you know and then asking them for referrals of people they know. Then on to networking at meetups.