Metro Detroit Flip. BEFORE and AFTER PICS!!

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Canton, MI · Member since 2014 · 132 posts · 32 votes
9y

wow, looks great! Can you provide the details?

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Property Manager · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2008 · 305 posts · 362 votes
    9y

    Homepath and HUDhomestore (bank owned houses) a lot of times will do a "first look initiative", which means owner occupied home owners have first dibs on bidding on the house, usually 30 days. Then investors can bid on it. In most it doesn't sell during this period, due to a lot of the bank owned houses not passing underwriting due to the repairs needed. 

    As far as vacant lot purchases, yes there are tons of vacant lots available in Detroit and the suburbs from $1 all the way up to millions. Depends where your looking.

  • Chicago, IL · Member since 2014 · 710 posts · 200 votes
    9y

    What is the list price?  

  • Rental Property Investor · Western Slope CO · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 24 votes
    9y

    Beautiful! Were the kitchen/bathroom cabinets painted or replaced? I'm interested as to why you changed the kitchen floor? I realize the wood may not have gone well with the new decor but the wood matched the rest of the house-I have that same dilemma in our primary home. What did you use for the countertops? Any pics of outside? 

  • Property Manager · Metro Detroit, MI · Member since 2008 · 305 posts · 362 votes
    9y
    Originally posted by @Brenda B.:

    Beautiful! Were the kitchen/bathroom cabinets painted or replaced? I'm interested as to why you changed the kitchen floor? I realize the wood may not have gone well with the new decor but the wood matched the rest of the house-I have that same dilemma in our primary home. What did you use for the countertops? Any pics of outside? 

    Replaced 2 cabinets, Painted the rest. The wood floor in the kitchen was a fake plank wood in rough shape. We used granite for the counters. 

  • Investor · Grosse Pointe Shores, MI · Member since 2017 · 160 posts · 74 votes
    9y

    Very nice!  My only observation, as a kitchen-gadg-aholic, I would have liked the upper cabinets to extend to the ceiling.  I don't know how much it would have added to your budget, but that extra storage space comes in really handy.  Plus, you don't have to dust up there.

    Any offers yet?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.