Can I Shadow you on a flip? Will travel to yo

Can I Shadow you on a flip? Will travel to yo

Real Estate Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2009 · 308 posts · 61 votes

I am looking to learn more about flipping.
I have time off work and am willing to travel to you for a few days to shadow and help you during a flip.

There are no flips around me since everything is so expensive.

I do not want to come see a first project. I want you to have done at least 2 properties prior.

I am a project manager so maybe I can help in that aspect?
Schedule/Scope/Cost.

I am willing to come to you!

I just ask for some transportation help to/from airport, hotel, & project site..would be helpful.

Please let me know. I am between consulting/consulting jobs now and I can book a flight.

Thanks!

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
16y
Originally posted by Tim B:
There's a house flipper in Orlando that will be happy to show you her recent project for a fee of $3000 a week! Most who rehab houses for a living (not selling books, tapes or seminars) don't have time for tag alongs.


That is insane, and I don't recommend ANYONE pay a fee to shadow an investor. As for rehabbers not having the time to help others out and show them the ropes, there are plenty of people who will do that. You just need to find them. BP and your local real estate club are great places to find those people.

Justin - The sarcasm people threw your way makes sense. No one is going to pony up cash to teach you. Sure you have some experience, but your proposal is not what most people would call a Win-Win. Pay your own way and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of folks who will be willing to take you up on your offer.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2008 · 62 posts · 32 votes
    16y

    This sounds like a great deal. I pay for your airfare and hotel, fly you out to show you how to make money.

  • Real Estate Investor · Lake Charles, LA · Member since 2009 · 271 posts · 52 votes
    16y

    this sounds like a good way to learn the flipping buisness first hand from a profitable guy....Tom when will you be starting this rehab?

  • Real Estate Investor · Bergen County, NJ · Member since 2008 · 390 posts · 72 votes
    16y

    Have you joined any REIA's by you. Maybe someone out there IS doing flips.

    Also, if there's no flips going on around you because everything is so expensive, then what is your plan once you get familiar with flips?
    Are you going to travel to do the flips or flip the more expensive properties...?

    I'd try to find someone who is local to where you plan to do business, who can help you out.

    People say real estate is local, and I think to a certain extent you can say the same thing about flips. There will be different challenges and ways of doing things in different parts of the country..

  • Real Estate Consultant · Minneapolis · Member since 2009 · 60 posts · 8 votes
    16y

    There's a house flipper in Orlando that will be happy to show you her recent project for a fee of $3000 a week! Most who rehab houses for a living (not selling books, tapes or seminars) don't have time for tag alongs.

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Tim B:
    There's a house flipper in Orlando that will be happy to show you her recent project for a fee of $3000 a week! Most who rehab houses for a living (not selling books, tapes or seminars) don't have time for tag alongs.


    That is insane, and I don't recommend ANYONE pay a fee to shadow an investor. As for rehabbers not having the time to help others out and show them the ropes, there are plenty of people who will do that. You just need to find them. BP and your local real estate club are great places to find those people.

    Justin - The sarcasm people threw your way makes sense. No one is going to pony up cash to teach you. Sure you have some experience, but your proposal is not what most people would call a Win-Win. Pay your own way and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of folks who will be willing to take you up on your offer.

  • Financial Advisor · Tampa Area, FL · Member since 2008 · 956 posts · 214 votes
    16y

    maybe i'm reading it wrong, but i think he is only asking for transportation to/from the airport, to and from the hotel, and to/from the site.

    i say rent a car....it would be better

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2008 · 62 posts · 32 votes
    16y

    I think Tim pretty much summed it up. Most people are so busy and really, why would it make sense for them to be answering questions all day and getting slowed down. I guess thats where the 3000 comes in.

  • Real Estate Investor · Seattle, WA · Member since 2009 · 308 posts · 61 votes
    16y

    Hi guys I been away for a few days.

    My initial post did not read correct I guess.

    transportation help - I meant help with a few car rides. To/from the hotel. Pick me up drop me off if its in the area of the project.

    Did not mean for you to pay for airfare and hotel haha.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Minneapolis · Member since 2009 · 60 posts · 8 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by Joshua Dorkin:
    Originally posted by Tim B:
    There's a house flipper in Orlando that will be happy to show you her recent project for a fee of $3000 a week! Most who rehab houses for a living (not selling books, tapes or seminars) don't have time for tag alongs.


    That is insane, and I don't recommend ANYONE pay a fee to shadow an investor. As for rehabbers not having the time to help others out and show them the ropes, there are plenty of people who will do that. You just need to find them. BP and your local real estate club are great places to find those people.

    Justin - The sarcasm people threw your way makes sense. No one is going to pony up cash to teach you. Sure you have some experience, but your proposal is not what most people would call a Win-Win. Pay your own way and I'm sure you'll be able to find plenty of folks who will be willing to take you up on your offer.

    Not insane at all - there is a guru in Orlando that advertises a week long seminar which involves visiting her recent job site - providing info all aspects of the renovation. She was charging $3000 and it may well be worth it to gain that much info in such a short time.

    This is a business and there is a big difference between sharing info on a forum and personally showing someone all the tricks of the trade. Do you think GM excutives invite Ford employees to tour their plants and research facilities. All I need is one more investors to compete with - along with the hundreds that already exist.

    I'am currently working with and mentoring a friend to partner with on future projects. I'am not teaching him 25 years of rehab knowledge so he can compete with me tomorrow.

    Most of us are working full time at a business - willing to share some info on this forum. Check with the book, tape, seminar gurus for a complete training course. Visit your local investor group and you can gain lots of usefull info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.