Do I need permits for a Rehab in Houston Texas

Do I need permits for a Rehab in Houston Texas

Investor · Humble, TX · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes

Hello BP community!

I'm preparing my self to do my first flip and I have some questions about permits. 

Do I need any permits to do a Rehab in the Houston area? 

If so, 

where can you get them? 

how long does it take? 

Does any one can request the permit or does it need to be some one with a special licence? 

Thanks for your help!

1Reply
23 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Colorado Springs, CO · Member since 2016 · 214 posts · 58 votes
    10y

    I can tell you that almost anywhere you do work, depending on the work being done, you will need a permit. Roofing, electrical, etc. almost always requires permits be pulled. You should be able to speak and apply with your local code enforcement office which should be at City Hall. 

    You can probably google Houston Code Enforcement and get majority of your questions answered. 

  • Investor · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2015 · 191 posts · 152 votes
    10y

    Don't cut corners with permits thats all I can say. 

  • Investor · Humble, TX · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 5 votes
    10y

    Thank you all for your responses, 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.