• Florida
Votes |
Direct Mailing to Absentee Owners

Elie Merisier
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Posted Apr 9 2024, 04:49

Hi everyone, hope this message finds you well.

For the past few months, I’ve been trying to reach out to absentee owners of physically distressed properties.

I would either cold call them and then if I can’t reach them by that method, I then send them a physical letter by mail, but I’m seeing that the cost to ship these letters are adding up. 

So, does anybody know any resources that I can use to send mail at lower costs?

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez
Pro Member
#1 Wholesaling Contributor
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 9 2024, 06:33

Hey @Elie Merisier

In a city like Ft. Lauderdale, it will take you thousands of letters before you get your first property because of the competition there. Lower costs? If you send postcards, it will probably cost you half the price that you are currently paying for letters. 

Good luck! 

User Stats

Votes
Elie Merisier
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Replied Apr 9 2024, 08:28
Quote from @David Ramirez:

Hey @Elie Merisier

In a city like Ft. Lauderdale, it will take you thousands of letters before you get your first property because of the competition there. Lower costs? If you send postcards, it will probably cost you half the price that you are currently paying for letters. 

Good luck! 

Thanks David.

As of right now, Im using usps to send my mails out. Do you know any other mailing services that is cheaper?

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Shawn Parsh#3 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Votes |
Shawn Parsh#3 Rehabbing & House Flipping Contributor
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Tennessee
Replied Apr 9 2024, 09:37

Elie,

I would recommend telling everyone you interact with that you are looking for properties that the owner may sell that are not listed. You should also tell them what type of properties you are looking for. I have always found I get the best deals from word of mouth. I pay a 1,000 dollar finders fee for any property I buy that wasn't listed that someone told me about. You pay that fee enough times you will have a team of people always looking for properties for you that you only have to pay when they get results. I'm not saying don't do the mailers, but maybe add that to your efforts if you do not already. 

User Stats

Votes
Elie Merisier
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Florida
Replied Apr 10 2024, 02:56
Quote from @Shawn Parsh:

Elie,

I would recommend telling everyone you interact with that you are looking for properties that the owner may sell that are not listed. You should also tell them what type of properties you are looking for. I have always found I get the best deals from word of mouth. I pay a 1,000 dollar finders fee for any property I buy that wasn't listed that someone told me about. You pay that fee enough times you will have a team of people always looking for properties for you that you only have to pay when they get results. I'm not saying don't do the mailers, but maybe add that to your efforts if you do not already. 

Thank you, Shawn. I appreciate the advice.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Apr 10 2024, 07:50
Quote from @Elie Merisier:

Hi everyone, hope this message finds you well.

For the past few months, I’ve been trying to reach out to absentee owners of physically distressed properties.

I would either cold call them and then if I can’t reach them by that method, I then send them a physical letter by mail, but I’m seeing that the cost to ship these letters are adding up. 

So, does anybody know any resources that I can use to send mail at lower costs?

1. I'd use USPS Bulk Mail Services - they offer lower rates than first-class mail for sending large volumes. Also USPS Every Door Direct Mail (EDDM) allows targeting specific neighborhoods or routes without individual addresses!
  2. And have you considered Postcard Mailings? Postcards are generally less expensive to mail than standard enveloped letters

User Stats

Votes
David Ramirez
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Wholesaler
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 10 2024, 11:22

Hey @Elie Merisier

Good luck! 

Thanks David.

As of right now, Im using usps to send my mails out. Do you know any other mailing services that is cheaper?

No sir

User Stats

Votes
Shanequa J.
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Apr 27 2024, 06:59

Hey @Elie Merisier

Good luck! 

Thanks David.

Gobigprinting is the cheapest I've found.