Where's the best flipping markets in the U.S.?

Where's the best flipping markets in the U.S.?

Member since 2023 · 13 posts · 4 votes

Where is the best inventory or markets for fix and flips in the U.S. right now? Curious to see where else is hot. I'm in Austin, Texas and want to know from people on the home front. 

0Reply
22 views

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elliot Holmes:

    Where is the best inventory or markets for fix and flips in the U.S. right now? Curious to see where else is hot. I'm in Austin, Texas and want to know from people on the home front. 


     Impossible to answer, what constitutes the " best "?  I flip to investor for about 25-30% do on avg at least 20 a year., in typically less then 60 days. Others flip to homeowners for 40% in 6 - 8 months. So which is better?  Right now I would be very careful paying these prices. 

    All the best  

  • Member since 2023 · 13 posts · 4 votes
    2y

    @Bob S. Is there any major differences between flipping to investors versus homeowners. Or are you just referring to wholesaling? 

  • Real Estate Consultant · Cleveland · Member since 2020 · 6k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elliot Holmes:

    @Bob S. Is there any major differences between flipping to investors versus homeowners. Or are you just referring to wholesaling? 


     NO I am not a wholesaler. YES major difference, I still think it's impossible to answer, " where is the best" 

  • Bill J FayPro Member
    Lender · San Diego · Member since 2023 · 216 posts · 209 votes
    2y

    This is the golden question. Personally, I don't think specific market is as important as what works in your market. Where are the majority of your buyers? I have found homes that are at or under the median home price in your area is the sweet spot right now with affordability being scarce. 

  • Investor · Scottsdale Austin Tuktoyaktuk · Member since 2021 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Elliot Holmes:

    Where is the best inventory or markets for fix and flips in the U.S. right now? Curious to see where else is hot. I'm in Austin, Texas and want to know from people on the home front. 

    There are so many good markets with so many good deals, "where" is a question that is answered by simply saying "yes". 
    Yes, there are good amarkets, but what you want for a fix & flip is totally different than what I want. And that is a good thing. there are urrently 1,400,000 vacant houses. 
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.