Buying new primary every year on Northside

Buying new primary every year on Northside

Member since 2020 · 1 post · 0 votes

Hi Indy investors. I have a scenario and was looking to get opinions from people in the area. I want to take advantage of buying a new SFH with a low downpayment of 5%, living in it for a year, renting it out and then repeating the process with a new primary and 5% downpayment. This seems like a great idea for someone to start acquiring properties as long as they are flexible with their living situation.

The properties I am interested in are all on the Northside above the 465 loop - Carmel, Noblesville, Westfield, Fishers and Cicero. As many of you probably know the Northside doesn't cash flow as well as other areas or hardly at all. My rationale for picking this area is the Northside tends to have better school districts, better tenants and more chance for appreciation. Does this strategy seem beneficial for someone if they aren't too concerned with a large cash flow? The benefits would include getting the loan pay down and the chance for higher appreciation while possibly getting a more desirable tenant base. Considering I would only be putting in 5% down for each property it seems to me this is a winning strategy to get a new property every year without having to force a lot my capital into it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Tyler LingleBusiness Member
Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
5y

I believe there is a "seasoning" period in which you have to actually live in the primary residence yourself. Additionally, you'll be using an LLC correct?

See this reply in the discussion

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 35 votes
    5y

    I don't live northside, but have heard Carmel and a few other areas have higher concentrations of neighborhoods that have HOAs and could limit rental opportunities. A realtor or PM might have more feedback for ya!

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2018 · 53 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    Hi @Sean Hayes! If you still need assistance with your investment endeavors in Hamilton County, please reach out. I will be thrilled to help you accomplish your goals.

  • Tyler LingleBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2021 · 440 posts · 292 votes
    5y

    I believe there is a "seasoning" period in which you have to actually live in the primary residence yourself. Additionally, you'll be using an LLC correct?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.