Indiana Investor - New to Market

Indiana Investor - New to Market

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes

All,

My wife and I have recently relocated to Indy from Chicago and are working to purchase rental properties in the state. BP has been a great resource. Looking at buy and hold though since we are new to market we are certainly open to any and all opinions, advice, etc. 

Thanks! 

0Reply
8 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 17 votes
6y

I'll be incorporating and investing in the Indy area next summer.  There's alot of information available and it's a good area.  I'd suggest looking at 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/guide-grading-indianapolis-neighborhoods

from Sterling White and it's absolutely amazing.  As to what to buy specifically or where that is a much MUCH bigger discussion!  Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood!

-jeremy

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 108 posts · 66 votes
    6y

    Hi Tom - congrats on the move. 

    You're looking to invest in the Chicago area or back in Indiana? 

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Apologies - for clarity we are looking to invest in Indiana, not Chicago 

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I'll be incorporating and investing in the Indy area next summer.  There's alot of information available and it's a good area.  I'd suggest looking at 

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blog/guide-grading-indianapolis-neighborhoods

    from Sterling White and it's absolutely amazing.  As to what to buy specifically or where that is a much MUCH bigger discussion!  Good luck and welcome to the neighborhood!

    -jeremy

  • Member since 2018 · 264 posts · 61 votes
    6y

    @Tom Sardelli Are you looking for SFH or Multifamily?

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Jeremy Johnson - excellent, thank you for sharing the link!

    @Christopher Petrillo - we are looking at MFH currently 

  • Andrew HoganPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 559 posts · 463 votes
    6y

    Welcome to Indy! You'll find a much more favorable market here over Chicago! There are a lot of players so I think you are right to soak in the information before jumping in. Best of luck!

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2016 · 32 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    I grew up around Indy and graduated HS and attended college there.  If I can be of any assistance I'd be happy to help.  I'd rather work with other investors than compete.  I'd stay away from the East side until you know the area better and also consider some surrounding areas outside of Indy.  Turn key investing is more to the Broadripple area and there are a number of upcoming areas depending on your time frame.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.