Visting Indiana 4/26-4/30 to build a team!

Visting Indiana 4/26-4/30 to build a team!

Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 893 votes

Hi all!

My name is Elliott, and I'm a buy and hold investor from Sacramento, CA. My business partner and I just booked a red eye out to Chicago on April 25th. We will be driving over to Indiana early morn on the 26th to take a look at great buy and hold areas for us to target, and build a team. We plan on buying our first deal at a discount with cash (actual cash, not private money), rehab, and refinance our initial investment back out to repeat the process. After our visit we plan to drop a direct mail campaign of 1000-2000 letters a month to the area(s) we like most. Year end goal is to be able to perform simultaneous acquisitions/rehab/rent/refis. We plan to acquire 15-20 B-class SFR's within the next 2-3 years and transition to multifamily at that point!

-Our first stop is going to be NW Indiana (Hammond, merrillville, etc...) on Tuesday morning and we will be spending a whole day there.

-Then we will be spending Weds-Fri in Indianapolis (with a possible visit to Purdue in Lafayette on one of these days).

-Before we depart on Saturday night, we would like to spend the first half of the day at Notre Dame in South Bend).

We are looking to spend our time driving key neighborhoods and meeting with key members of our future team. 

If you know of a driven/investment savvy real estate agent, an experienced/organized property manager, and a reliable/efficient contractor in the areas listed above please put me in touch so we can speak this week and meet in person next week.

We want to bring the right people on board to reach our goals together immediately!

Cheers,

Elliott

0Reply
14 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, IN · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 2 votes
10y

I'm an investment savvy agent in Lafayette serving the Greater Lafayette, IN area (including West Lafayette and Purdue University).  Coincindentally, I'm also from the Sacramento area. Give me a call to get acquainted and sync up.

I look forward to speaking with you,

Don

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Agent · Lafayette, IN · Member since 2014 · 10 posts · 2 votes
    10y

    I'm an investment savvy agent in Lafayette serving the Greater Lafayette, IN area (including West Lafayette and Purdue University).  Coincindentally, I'm also from the Sacramento area. Give me a call to get acquainted and sync up.

    I look forward to speaking with you,

    Don

  • Real Estate Agent · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2015 · 87 posts · 56 votes
    10y

    Welcome to Indiana @Account Closed! I just dropped you a note as well. Looking forward to speaking with you!

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    10y

    who's touring you around NWI?

  • Rental Property Investor · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 893 votes
    10y

    Thanks for all the responses! I will be getting in touch with you soon. I want this trip to be booked solid.

    @Adrien C. We were going to just set a bunch of appointments, and with our spare time tour ourselves. That'll probably be a little tricky so we figured just buy a big paper map and study the comps before we head up there so we can mark up certain areas that we want to dissect. What do you suggest??

  • Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
    10y

    I'd be open to grabbing coffee or lunch with you when you're here if you have time. Bring your big paper map and I'll help you navigate the different areas. 

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2009 · 477 posts · 304 votes
    10y

    That's a lot of stuff and areas to cram into 3-4 days... Your target of B class neighborhoods would put you in the 80-125k ARV range here in Indy... You can shoot for some of the up-coming inner city neighborhoods, and I am sure I am not telling you anything when I say the competition is extremely fierce! You may be better off looking for lower hanging fruit outside the loop. Are you familiar with short sales, subject-to, etc? Those may be strategies to get you what you need.

    I own a brokerage here in Indy, we specialize in working with out of state and international investors... We can help you with purchase, any level of rehab, property management, and sales. We are happy to help you with any piece or part of that puzzle.. Give me a call!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 557 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Account Closed:

    Hi all!

    My name is Elliott, and I'm a buy and hold investor from Sacramento, CA. My business partner and I just booked a red eye out to Chicago on April 25th. We will be driving over to Indiana early morn on the 26th to take a look at great buy and hold areas for us to target, and build a team. We plan on buying our first deal at a discount with cash (actual cash, not private money), rehab, and refinance our initial investment back out to repeat the process. After our visit we plan to drop a direct mail campaign of 1000-2000 letters a month to the area(s) we like most.  . 

    Let me know if get any assets that don't fit your criteria.  I'll buy anything in any condition in and around the Indy Metro area!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.