Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 2 votes
Hello readers & fellow investors!
My name is Julius Agonor, I'm a brand new real estate investor in the Chicagoland area, looking to build my business. Though I've only just begun, I'm passionate about my future as an investor. I'm here to offer you my strong educational & professional background and experience to help you grow your business, at the heft cost of gaining real world experience for myself!
If you're in the Chicagoland area, with any number of rental properties and looking to grow your business, yet you don't have the manpower to scale like you'd like - Let's connect! I have experience working for myself providing consulting services, as well as working for a large corporation. I bring an open mind, eagerness to learn, and a willingness to do as much as I can to help you grow your business...FOR FREE!
I look forward to connecting with many of you and cannot wait to engage with each of you in the days, weeks, months, and years to come! Whether you're interested in sharing ideas and best practices or you'd like to discuss ways that I can be of service to you, feel free to connect.
My name is Julius Agonor, I'm a brand new real estate investor in the Chicagoland area, looking to build my business. Though I've only just begun, I'm passionate about my future as an investor. I'm here to offer you my strong educational & professional background and experience to help you grow your business, at the heft cost of gaining real world experience for myself!
If you're in the Chicagoland area, with any number of rental properties and looking to grow your business, yet you don't have the manpower to scale like you'd like - Let's connect! I have experience working for myself providing consulting services, as well as working for a large corporation. I bring an open mind, eagerness to learn, and a willingness to do as much as I can to help you grow your business...FOR FREE!
I look forward to connecting with many of you and cannot wait to engage with each of you in the days, weeks, months, and years to come! Whether you're interested in sharing ideas and best practices or you'd like to discuss ways that I can be of service to you, feel free to connect.
Hey Julius,
Welcome to the BP forums!
I think you offer excellent value and you seem to have a ton of enthusiasm for REI.
I'd recommend you set up keyword alerts so that you can receive notifications for any topics or areas of interest. i.e. a keyword for "Chicagoland" can help get you in contact with investors, RE professionals and like-minded people in the area.
Lastly, you can use the search function to look up forum posts that have highlighted areas and topics of interest.
Rental Property Investor · Arlington Heights, IL · Member since 2017 · 243 posts · 108 votes
6y
I believe everyone is an expert at something. If not, you should focus on developing some expertises that will be of use to real estate investors and improving them. Skills for real estate also come from your other experience and not just construction and brokering, but business, sales, marketing, accounting, all kinds of skills. Then you can focus on more accurately find the right partners by only selecting from those that need that skill you bring.
If people don't know what you bring to the table they will likely not waste the time to see what it is you bring. What you are asking people to do is more work. What you want to do instead is position yourself to be desirable to the exact person that needs that skill.
An example, was what I did to find my partner. I had a skill in underwriting and financial modeling as well as in overall business operations and processes. I had weaknesses in construction, don't have as much real estate experience, and am not a broker. I sought out investors that had experience doing distressed real estate deals; taking property down to the studs. I then asked people I had established relationships with and trusted for referrals to these people. I contacted and eventually met with people to discuss underwriting of distress deals. I intentionally looked to further relationships with people that expressed in some way a need or a deficiency in the exact area that I was strong.
Offering someone free labor if they meet with you and figure out what you are good at and if they need it is probably not going to result in as much success. However, if you work to build relationships with those actually need something that you already are demonstrably good at, you might even get a chance of learning by getting paid for what you are good at.
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2019 · 14 posts · 2 votes
6y
@Peter Halliday I appreciate that feedback. I'm going to use this advice along with that from Abel's earlier to create a more engaging and informative post!
Excited to have already received so much feedback already. Thank you!