Property Manager · Griffith, IN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 913 votes
9y
@Ori Foyer NW Indiana is on fire. A rehabbed house priced right is flying off the market. There's a lack of inventory (because you IL folks are flocking over). I heard we had a 10% increase in home values just last year.
@Bart H. Do you know if there is a flipping market in these areas. How long a property is on the market in those areas before it sold?
I haven't lived in the area in many years, so I couldn't really tell you the condition of the real estate market. My point was Lake and Porter county are bedroom communities for Chicago, they do, or did have a fair amount of steel and automotive parts plants. So it was a little more blue collar, properties were generally a lot less expensive, and there were a lot of older homes that I am sure would be prime candidates for fix and flip or buy and hold.
I no longer live in the area, and my wife and I personally only invest in properties near where we live (Dallas) but if I was still in the Chicago metro area, NW Indiana is a place I would look at as a real estate investor
Real Estate Entrepreneur / Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2016 · 688 posts · 367 votes
9y
I totally agree with what's been said already. But usually there is a good deal in Matteson, country club hills or orland/tinley park. Just beware of the taxes. But Indiana taxes are much much cheaper. Also keep a eye on Milwaukee.