Atlanta (clayton county) eviction attorney recommendations

Atlanta (clayton county) eviction attorney recommendations

Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes

Hey all,

Has anyone else had ridiculously long court date times? Its been 4 months since my tenant filed an answer for his eviction and i'm still waiting for a court date. Is it even possible for an attorney to expedite this at all? And if this is just the experience for everyone i guess i have no choice but to wait. Just wanted to see what everyone else has been experiencing. 

Thanks in advance

0Reply
19 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
4y

Clayton County, GA here. My tenant filed an answer in March 2021 and 1 YEAR later my court date was scheduled on zoom. Zoom Court started 50 minutes after scheduled time (just in case a similar delay happens to you, don't panic like I did). Tenant was a no-show for settlement date & court hearing date. Judge ruled in my favor.

More info about my case: My tenant rented a room in the home I lived in. I filed eviction for end of lease term (she was renting on a bi weekly basis). We've been harrassed by this person for months, so I followed the city police advice & had the tenant removed in Nov 2021 using a Temporary Protective Order. She owes close to 8K in unpaid rent & damages. I have no hope in actually recovering any of it. We are no longer renting because of the lack of/ extremely delayed support we've encountered in the system

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Developer · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 72 posts · 31 votes
    5y

    I would imagine eviction courts are pretty crazy backed up right now because a months-long moratorium has been in place. There's going to be a huge wave of evictions coming in January, so expect things to take a really long time.

  • Financial Advisor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2020 · 97 posts · 24 votes
    5y

    @Faisal Z. Check out this link, you may find it resourceful.

    https://www.housingwire.com/articles/fha-extends-foreclosure-and-forbearance-policies-to-2021/

  • Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2017 · 73 posts · 28 votes
    4y

    anyone have any updates on this? my tenant also filed an answer back in August and still no court date. Are you all experiencing this as well?

  • Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2015 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    4y

    Yeah Joel, you just gotta wait it out unfortunately. Just be patient and your date will come

  • Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    4y

    Clayton County, GA here. My tenant filed an answer in March 2021 and 1 YEAR later my court date was scheduled on zoom. Zoom Court started 50 minutes after scheduled time (just in case a similar delay happens to you, don't panic like I did). Tenant was a no-show for settlement date & court hearing date. Judge ruled in my favor.

    More info about my case: My tenant rented a room in the home I lived in. I filed eviction for end of lease term (she was renting on a bi weekly basis). We've been harrassed by this person for months, so I followed the city police advice & had the tenant removed in Nov 2021 using a Temporary Protective Order. She owes close to 8K in unpaid rent & damages. I have no hope in actually recovering any of it. We are no longer renting because of the lack of/ extremely delayed support we've encountered in the system

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.