Rental Property Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 58 votes
Various Team Members for Real Estate Investments might include:
Contractors and various other rehab specialists, Property Manager, Real Estate Broker, Real Estate Attorney, CPA/Accountant, Lender or Mortgage Broker, Appraiser, Even Investors and Hard Money Lenders.
I have read through every thread under the Jacksonville, FL real estate forum picking through and looking for recommendations others have had for various aspects of their "Real Estate Investment Team." I really think adding everyone's recommendations for team members and listing them with real experiences with them would help out new investors and experienced investors alike if they are all in one location (thread).
I hope this can be that thread where one can find team members based on others experience with them so we all can save time searching.
I will list what I am looking for below! Hope we all can help each other and I appreciate everyone's help in advance!
Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
8y
@Simon Collins A Good Realtor will have all those connections for you. Those that have been in the market, sold land to developers, have a long list of handymen and tradesmen, they have it all for you. One Stop Shopping.
Find a good Realtor and treat them like family. Its all you need.
Rental Property Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 58 votes
8y
Any recommendations/review welcomed!
I personally am not totally new to real estate but personal real estate investing I could use some help.
I currently work for a rather large publicly traded REIT but am really interested in getting into real estate investing pretty aggressively for personal income.
I would like to build some trustworthy relationships with some experienced or seasoned "future" team members so that we all can have win win situations. Currently I am looking to connect with contractors/rehab specialist that are trustworthy and can basically stay on top of projects and get them done at a fair price with little to no oversight on my part. I work a full time job and have 2 kids so I would like to team up with someone who can handle all aspects of getting a multifamily project renovated/repaired quickly in order to refinance and rent and obviously repeat :). If we work well together I would like this relationship to continue as we go into multiple deals together. Also will need to line up investor friendly Real Estate Brokers and Property Manager(s) for Multifamily apartments (good areas of town B+).
This is just getting started and I have not lined up any properties just yet but I would like to establish some good relationships and network before my first (of MANY) deals begin.
Rental Property Investor · Norfolk, VA · Member since 2018 · 85 posts · 45 votes
8y
I want to get in on this thread for same reasons. I want to retire to JAX, and I'd love to own as many doors in the area as I can get my hands on. Thanks for starting this @Simon Collins!
Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2008 · 784 posts · 528 votes
8y
@Simon Collins A Good Realtor will have all those connections for you. Those that have been in the market, sold land to developers, have a long list of handymen and tradesmen, they have it all for you. One Stop Shopping.
Find a good Realtor and treat them like family. Its all you need.
Accountant · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 24 votes
8y
Thanks for starting this thread, worth following. I'm currently looking for an investor focused CPA in the area for advice and tax planning. Any recommendations please?
CPA & Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
8y
@Joshua Schoer if you're open to working remotely with a real-estate-savvy CPA, there are a few of us here on BP. Reach out to a few and see who's a good fit for you.
If you're looking for someone FL-based, you may want to get in touch with @Lance Lvovsky. For someone with a nationwide approach @Daniel Hyman may be a great fit.
Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 504 posts · 217 votes
8y
I believe BP does not allow posts to contain direction to peoples names and personal contact information. Perhaps that is why you see little to no recommendations. I have been here in Jax area since 1975, I have 29 Years USPS so I know all the zip codes. I am also a full time investor now as of recent. Actually I am looking for another CPA. We do most rehab stuff diy except plumbing and AC We use the same persons repeatedly. My son is an electrician. My full time focus is land...I love Dirt! And tax deeds.
Rental Property Investor · Saint Augustine, FL · Member since 2018 · 102 posts · 58 votes
8y
thanks all!
Still really need a local contractor but I’ll continue the search.
Wasn’t aware about that BP rule @Carolyn Morales but that seems interesting compared to any networking forum I have seen but I will note that so thanks for the alert!!!
Also I have my CPA @Carolyn Morales and @Joshua Schoer but have my hands tied with “life” myself but I can possibly recommend someone I used to work with in my former career (also used to be my neighbor) that left practice and started his own small self employed CPA firm that should be able to assist you if needed. I know he got his realtors license years ago for his own personal ventures but not sure if he still has it. Anyway, I just texted him but please send me a PM if interested and I’ll give you his contact information.