Need contractors in Jacksonville, Florida: Middleburg: kitchen

Need contractors in Jacksonville, Florida: Middleburg: kitchen

Middleburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes

Hello

I am an investor/contractor with a ton of rehab and flip experience throughout florida. I am now finally entering the greater Jacksonville area (have just about done work in all the other major population centers in Florida) and already have several properties under contract. The first property I will be working on in the area is actually a relatives home purchase in Middleburg, and she is financing it with a 203k loan. We are looking to start on the repairs at the start of January so I am looking for recommendations on TRUSTWORTHY and GREATE subcontractors in the area that are able to work with little to no supervision as my time on any one job site will be greatly limited.

For this first job in the area I will pecifically need to find a crew with high end kitchen installation experience including sinks/piping work and counter tops.

A carpet flooring crew.

And a handy person for misalliances stuff.

Thanks for you help and pleas feel free to contact me directly.

0Reply
7 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 79 votes
9y

Hey, PM me, i can give a great guy for paint, tile, and handyman jobs i used on my first rehab. I can also give you a great AC guy as well. 

-Dan

See this reply in the discussion

15 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    For Kitchen I've been referred from several investors in the area to Bill Oxley with Oxley Cabinets but I haven't used him before. 

    If I can be of any more help, please reach out. 

    Good luck and welcome to Jacksonville!

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 94 posts · 32 votes
    9y

    Oxley is an excellent resource for cabinets. Availability, price, and timely completion of installation is all good with them.

    If you will be installing granite counter tops, Oxley works with Stone World to bring you an additional discount and a very efficient job.

  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 79 votes
    9y

    Hey, PM me, i can give a great guy for paint, tile, and handyman jobs i used on my first rehab. I can also give you a great AC guy as well. 

    -Dan

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    Hey @Dan Wynn do you have anybody good for carpets?

  • Investor · Columbus, GA · Member since 2015 · 190 posts · 79 votes
    9y

    @Joey Hamaoui No, unfortunately I don't. I only put carpet in one SFR. I only use laminate wood vinyl now, it lasts much longer, not too much more expensive, and looks better as well.

  • Middleburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Because I am new to the hole posting thing, I do not know how to PM any one. In fact, it took me about 2 days to figure out how to get back to my post. My dyslexia makes posting a very tedious form of communication and when I use speech recognition a lot of the words will be the wrong one and it changes the meaning of what I am trying to communicate. My dyslexia dose note let me figer out if the word is correct ore if it is a different word that sounds similar to what I want to communicate.

    Dan, please contact me, at some point I should figure out how to see it. 

    As for Oxley Cabinets, how do they compare to a place like ProSource: Both quality of cabinets and price wise?

    I can provide my phone# if that helps in communication but I understand I should not list it in a post. I can also provide info on other markets in Florida, especially South Florida but once more it is very tedious for me to communicate by writing.

    Thanks for all the info.

  • Gary SiverPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Orange Park, FL · Member since 2014 · 180 posts · 83 votes
    9y

    Hello @Jay Alf I am local to the area aswell.  I live in Orange Park and can help you out with about anything.   We have done several flips of our own.  We currently have two for sale and under contract,  our latest one under contract in less than 4 days.  We have done several flips for investors and somewhere in the 50+ range of rental properties.  Feel free to ask me any questions. 

  • Middleburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    Hello @Gary Siver, I am not local to the Orange Park, Middleburg, Fleming Island, Green Cove Springs, area so much as I have now expanded also to that area. looking for recommendations on TRUSTWORTHY and GREATE subcontractors. Of course, I am VERY price conscious on what I am being charged for labor and materials. I need to find a crew with high end kitchen installation experience including sinks/piping work and counter tops. I could bring a crew from another area for this one job but long term I need crews from the area so I might as we start using local crews now.

    Thanks for you help

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    @Dan Wynn Thanks. I've been seeing that kind of flooring more and more. Any local source you recommend for the material?

  • Middleburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    I tried to call a few of you folks, left messages. @Dan Wynn, sorry we got cut off during our call.

     @Gary Siver, @Dan Wynn, and @Joseph hamaoui, have any of you used "carpet man flooring" before or have any warnings on them?

    After I am done I will write about who I used and how it went so we can all add to our database of who we can use and who we should avoid in town.

    Thanks

  • Middleburg, FL · Member since 2016 · 7 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    By the way I noticed that when You folks put the "@" in front of a name the name text is colored blue. What dose that mean and how do you do that?

    Thanks

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    I highly recommend Craig Speranzi with CS&I II, Inc. He did a sizeable remodel for my parents in their kitchen and bathrooms and the work was top-notch. Craig does some of the work but also uses really skilled workers. Above all, he is an honest guy and who is not there to make a quick buck and then disappear. He really values his reputation and cares about completing the job to the customer's satisfaction. PM me for his phone number.

    For interior/exterior paint jobs, Jon Nail is the guy to call. He does excellent work, is clean and neat. PM me for his phone number.

    For high end cabinetry, call Natalie at Kitchen Envy. Her design ideas and cabinet selection is great and her cabinet installer is the best there is. PM me for her phone number.

    For low to mid-level cabinetry and for excellent stone countertop installations, D&R Countertops do great work and are reasonably priced. PM me for their phone number.

    -Leanne

  • Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2016 · 406 posts · 163 votes
    9y

    Hi @Perez Leanne,

    Can you message me Jon Nail's info as well as Craig Speranzi's?

  • Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 17 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Hi Joseph. Just sent you a PM. I have the names for other types of service people if you need them (granite, cabinetry, HVAC, etc.) as well.

  • Real Estate Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2010 · 23 posts · 0 votes
    9y

    If anyone needs a roof fixed or a new roof altogether, I can get really good deals..my guy does high volume so they can afford to give 130 mph architecture shingles at the same cost of 3 tab 60 mph shingles. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.