Help to know about property market Westside - Jacksonville area

Help to know about property market Westside - Jacksonville area

El Cerrito, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 8 votes

Hi BP,

I need some advice on Westside – Jacksonville market. Tomorrow, I am planning to talk to a seller and make a commit on purchasing a SFH property. Not familiar with area, but I am planning to travel Florida this week to check out the area before signing a PSA. It's new home (4Bedroom, 2Bathroom) with price of $167K option to buy cash or using a PML.

Any word from Westside – Jacksonville area/rental market trend will be more appreciated.

Best

0Reply
13 views

Most Popular Reply

Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchange" · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 239 posts · 84 votes
10y
I am a native of the area and can tell you that Jacksonville is a very large city and on all sides of town there are both good and not so good places to invest but the westside is not notorious for the best place to live. Having said that, a large part of your decision should be based on what you can rent it for and the average length of time it takes to rent a home in the area. Overall, and generally speaking, there are several other sections of town that are more desirable but I would certainly consider the ROI as well because if the price is right, it can certainly still work. Also, keep in mind the "west side" has a lot of great newer areas so I am only speaking in general when I say the south side, beaches, gate parkway, and mandarin areas are a little more desirable. Again, do not want to offend anyone on the westside because there are great areas over there but it just not as centralized with access to other parts of the city. I hope that helps
See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Qualified Intermediary for 1031 Exchange" · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 239 posts · 84 votes
    10y
    I am a native of the area and can tell you that Jacksonville is a very large city and on all sides of town there are both good and not so good places to invest but the westside is not notorious for the best place to live. Having said that, a large part of your decision should be based on what you can rent it for and the average length of time it takes to rent a home in the area. Overall, and generally speaking, there are several other sections of town that are more desirable but I would certainly consider the ROI as well because if the price is right, it can certainly still work. Also, keep in mind the "west side" has a lot of great newer areas so I am only speaking in general when I say the south side, beaches, gate parkway, and mandarin areas are a little more desirable. Again, do not want to offend anyone on the westside because there are great areas over there but it just not as centralized with access to other parts of the city. I hope that helps
  • El Cerrito, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Robert Hetsler wonderful information. Will definitely consider ROI and other factors. Is there any meet up around schedule any time soon ?

  • Nathan SivaPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 3 votes
    10y

    I am a real estate agent and investor here in Jacksonville, Florida. I agree with Robert's answer.

  • Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 94 posts · 32 votes
    10y

    @Walter Minja, 

    When will you be here in Jacksonville? There are oppurtunities on different days of the week to attend a JaxREIA meeting or networking event. There is also the Jax-REIM group that meets up. Check out the JAX-REIM in the MeetUp app.

  • El Cerrito, CA · Member since 2016 · 54 posts · 8 votes
    10y

    @Tony Figurelli I am planning for this week or early next week. At this moment i am waiting for the seller to set up a day for me to come over. Thanks will check those meet groups.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.